usb wont connect to pc???

Aidan-G

Member +
my ipod usb wont work in any of my pc's ports atal:confused:but the scanner/printer will work!

i have two ipod usb's and neither work on my pc but they work on my brothers laptop?

what could my problem be?

do i have to update my i-tunes?:rolleyes:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
try uninstalling itunes, also, find the ipod in device manager and uninstall it there.

then, reinstalled itunes and plug the device after installation is completed

gv1.3

Admin
before you do that you might want to try close any software that uses your USB port - your printer software for example. Often with USB devices their associated software will sit there waiting for a device to be connected and it can prevent other devices working.

For example my printer wont work if MS activesync is active waiting for a USB connection.

If you cant close the software go to start and run and type msconfig. Then click on the startup tab and go down through the list of items and disable anything that might be loading on startup which uses the USB port. Click apply and restart your computer and try your ipod then.

Aidan-G

Member +
try uninstalling itunes, also, find the ipod in device manager and uninstall it there.

then, reinstalled itunes and plug the device after installation is completed

i tried what you said,but couldnt find device manager?lol only control panel

before you do that you might want to try close any software that uses your USB port - your printer software for example. Often with USB devices their associated software will sit there waiting for a device to be connected and it can prevent other devices working.

For example my printer wont work if MS activesync is active waiting for a USB connection.

If you cant close the software go to start and run and type msconfig. Then click on the startup tab and go down through the list of items and disable anything that might be loading on startup which uses the USB port. Click apply and restart your computer and try your ipod then.

tried this too,i disabled all i could anything that was lit in green i turned it off and pressed apply and restarted it,but no go:(thanks for the replys lads

when i plug in the usb i get a da da da sound real fast usually i think its da da when it works:)

gv1.3

Admin
go to control panel
Select System
Go to the hardware tab
select device manager
Plug in your ipod and see if any new hardware appears
If you see it appear right click on it and select uninstall
When it vanishes go to the options up the top and select search for new hardware and it will auto detect again and hopefully will install correctly this time.

Aidan-G

Member +
go to control panel
Select System
Go to the hardware tab
select device manager
Plug in your ipod and see if any new hardware appears
If you see it appear right click on it and select uninstall
When it vanishes go to the options up the top and select search for new hardware and it will auto detect again and hopefully will install correctly this time.

mother of god you GENIOUS!!!!!!!:kiss:

its working!!!haha:rockon:thanks alot!!