Using bosch wideband o2 sensor on the stock ecu?

Rob H

Member +
It would not work as the sensor has to be scaled to the ecu, I run a stand alone ecu and the wide band I use had to be scaled to the ecu, if you use one on the stock ecu the readings the sensor gives out would be completely different to what the ecu would expect to see from the sensor.

AdamB

Member +
It would not work as the sensor has to be scaled to the ecu, I run a stand alone ecu and the wide band I use had to be scaled to the ecu, if you use one on the stock ecu the readings the sensor gives out would be completely different to what the ecu would expect to see from the sensor.

x2 The stock ECU would not understand the signal.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
what you can do is, IF your wideband controller has a narrow band output, eliminate the stock sensor and use the narrowband output out of the wideband controller.

if you mean directly from the sensor to the ecu than no its not possible.

Ashrafi

Member +
Tanks for your replies bros, so basically its a five wire o2 sensor, one wire is the heater (+), second Heater (-), third wire the o2 ground,fourth is signal, fifth is the oxygen in out valve.

so if i understand well stock o2 sensor will make a signal of .1v to .9 v which 4.5 is stoich. The wide band sensor signal is more accurate but voltage produced is same as stock 02 that is .1 to .9 volts, so signal produced is the same, but why the ECU wont recognise a same signal which is "volts" and not "RF" . i will try to fix the o2 and have its readings on a multimeter together with the std o2 and see if the do produce same voltage at a constant RPM range.

any thoughts are welcomed.