valve stem oil seals

gerard

Member +
hi

is it jst a matter of takin them ou with a screw driver? took out 1 already came out in bits an the rest of it was stuck to the rocketcover

ramses974

Member +
i have bought a removable tool on ebay just for not changing again an headgasket after open the engine
and yes this tool is good and cheap on ebay

weeJohn

Lifer
Mate are you talking about the 5 rubber washers that are under the nuts that bolt the rocker cover down?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Mate are you talking about the 5 rubber washers that are under the nuts that bolt the rocker cover down?

thats what i was thinking!?!? if only the valve stem oil seals were as easy to get to as those seals!

and if i read 1 more person call the cam cover the rocket or rocker cover then i will chew my balls off, they are equally incorrect :( :( :(

gerard

Member +
ya the 4 rubber seals that are around the sparkplug holes on the cam cover, is there any easier wy than hackin them ou with a screwdriver? dont want
oil pissin ou if the new 1s aint seatin proberly with bits of the old 1s still in there???

JohnOBrien8

Member +
one thing is for sure i wouldnt go hacking at anything with a screwdriver as far as the inside of engines go!
be as clean and you can giving everything a coat of oil so it will fit with ease!

weeJohn

Lifer
Bend the tip of a flat head screwdrive 90 degrees so as you can get it in below there and lever them up. Use a scocket about the same size as the outer diameter of the seal to push the new ones back in. Take the cam cover (just for you Dunc) off before even starting to do it.

gerard

Member +
Bend the tip of a flat head screwdrive 90 degrees so as you can get it in below there and lever them up. Use a scocket about the same size as the outer diameter of the seal to push the new ones back in. Take the cam cover (just for you Dunc) off before even starting to do it.

i have the cam cover off already, but i still think its gunna come in pieces rather than hole,

thanks

ryan-11

Member +
are you replacing them? if so then it doesnt matter if they break, you just have to make sure you get all the bits out before u put the cam cover back on

gerard

Member +
are you replacing them? if so then it doesnt matter if they break, you just have to make sure you get all the bits out before u put the cam cover back on

yep im puttin in new 1s, ya il for sure take all da bits out of it, is a screwdriver da only wy of takin them ou as they are vry solid in the cam cover,