valve stem seals?

ruggiero06

Member +
car smokes bad on idle. has been getting worse. oil steam comes from dipstick. breather filter on rocker cover is drenched in oil.

what do u think it is?

rep will be given

nexia201

Member +
ringland damage mate go do a comp test and prepare to buy new set of pistons (speaking from expiriance :( )

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
sounds like piston or ring damage.. get a comp test done matey

ruggiero06

Member +
the comp tester i had was a piece of crap and i dont think it was calibrated right.

but cylinder #3 was was 20 psi less than 1 and 2. 4 was also lower than 1 and 2 but by like 10-15.

im rebuilding my 5e w/ 4e turbo and electronics. but i was wondering how much time my 4e will last since i will need to drive it as i rebuild the 5e.

HYBRID

if its blue its not negative rep.. its rep from a member who has no rep power :)

have some rep from me u whiny old fart :p

ruggiero06

Member +
thanks for the negative rep ruggiero06 :mad:

must of been a mistake sorry. i just gave you positive rep to make up for it. once i spread some more ill give you another positive rep so you get the positve rep you should of got.

on another note...i checked my coolant resevoir. milky substance along what seemed to be a mixture of 75% oil and 25% coolant lol...so can all of my problems described above be from my blown headgasket???

that would be awesome since thats a quick cheap fix.

when i said there was oil steam coming from the dipstick that wasnt accurate. no visiblesteam. i just put a paper towel over the dipstcik hole for about 15sec and there was slight oil on the paper towel.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
must of been a mistake sorry. i just gave you positive rep to make up for it. once i spread some more ill give you another positive rep so you get the positve rep you should of got.

on another note...i checked my coolant resevoir. milky substance along what seemed to be a mixture of 75% oil and 25% coolant lol...so can all of my problems described above be from my blown headgasket???

when i said there was oil steam coming from the dipstick that wasnt accurate. no visiblesteam. i just put a paper towel over the dipstcik hole for about 15sec and there was slight oil on the paper towel.

ok dont worry bud. easy mistake. yeah if its mixing oil its prob hg failed :S

HYBRID

till u get some rep ur giving blue rep ie rep with no value mate, it doenst mean its negative or bad rep so dont worry :)

as for the mushy stuff that would be oil mixing with water.. mother natures finest mayo... it isnt ur only problem though, smoking from the breather & dipstick is a clear indication of piston ring/ringland failure.. not a very quick fix im afraid..

kon