very bad feedback

jhandy

Member +
right as you may have seen earlier in the week about my massive smoking problems i found out exactly what it was, basically number 4 piston fell apart in my hand and the amount of damage that the piston had couldnt have been done with how long i have owned it ( 2 weeks ) or drove it, when i bought the car the engine was already up to running temp amn no smoke so everything seemed fine, but the next morning when it was cold it did smoke quite a bit but i didnt think anything of it but threw the week it got worse and worse until i couldnt drive it so i decided to investigate, the person i bought the car off is called nazzuro 19 on the forum i didnt here very good feedback before i bought the car about him, i have asked him for some compensation but he said no, when i was exting him about the car before i bought it we agreed on a price but without knowing about the wheel bearing needing to be changed some other bits and bobs, but that is still not the point i payed £2200 for a car i have owned for 2 weeks and a couple of days and havent been able to drive it much because of what has happened, i hope that everyone see's this and kaybe just maybe i will get some compesation out of it

Wink

Fresh Recruit
I was coming up to buy this car if you didnt have it, sorry to hear about this mate. There is an engine on ebay for £550 that has been rebuilt. Would work out cheaper than rebuilding your own engine...............

AdamB

Member +
How many miles have you done since owning the car?
It is a tough situation to be in, I've recently gone through something similar and managed to get some money back from the seller.

I know the car was on a td04 setup, and in fairness, the pistons are the weak point on stock engines, so really it was only a matter of time before it happened :(
You might have just been unlucky dude, pistons break on a lot of these cars, so your not the first one.

jhandy

Member +
How many miles have you done since owning the car?
It is a tough situation to be in, I've recently gone through something similar and managed to get some money back from the seller.

I know the car was on a td04 setup, and in fairness, the pistons are the weak point on stock engines, so really it was only a matter of time before it happened :(
You might have just been unlucky dude, pistons break on a lot of these cars, so your not the first one.
i drove back which is 164 miles well in all about 430 miles if that

To be frank, it's just bad luck. I don't know what the car is you are talking about but its probably about 15 years old. Engines fail all the time in these especially when modified, you're not the first and you won't be the last. Caveat emptor "Buyer beware" applies here, the seller owes you nothing, you inspected the car and were happy with it at the time and handed over the money, the moment he handed the keys was the moment his responsibility ended.