Very Clean White EP91 with mod's 171.5+ Bhp

Topher-EP82

Member +
For sale: Toyota Starlet Glanza V EP91 1996 import. 1.3 Turbo

Item Condition: Very Clean car, has been treated well and looked after. washed with expensive products regularly. I will update the pics by the end of the weekend so they are up to date pictures..

Price and price conditions: £2800

Extra Info:

Its a 1996 Glanza V in White..

I will describe the car as best i can to not disapoint anyone interested.

Bodywork: it has stone chips on the front bumper but nothing major / side skirts have some marks on them... other than that it is very close to mint.. perfectly clean arches both sides, very clean doors very clean rear quarter panels, very clean tailgate and rear bumper. a quick spray of the front end and sideskirts ( which i had priced for me at £200 locally ) the car would be pretty much immaculate paint wise with the front end redone..
it also has a splitter fitted this has come of a Seat Leon Cupra R... fits very well. not bodged..

Susension and brakes: The suspension is superb. koni red shocks at front and yellow at the rear with RSR springs all round. the konis up front are adjustable. no noises from suspension at all.. steering is precise. it also has a CUSCO rear strut brace. Drilled and grooved brakes all round with EBC yellow stuff pads.. wheels are 15" Rota Slipstreams in black with Toyo proxes. i also fitted 3MM spaces all round, just to push the wheels out slightly, Well within the limits of the bolts as advised by a local motorsport arts outlet store :)

Engine: the mods include. HKS actuator, HKS mushroom filter, Baileys Dump valve single piston, ARC oil cap, Japspeed exhaust from Decat backwards, Decat is unknwon make it has seperate pipes for wastegate and turbo and then they join just before the flange to mid section, Stainless steel heatwrapped 4 - 1 turbo manifold, JAM racing ECU, red metallic cooling plate, twin plated clutch ( unknown brand but its definately got loads of bite ) and makes the twin plated rattle lol and a C's short shifter. New ignition leads, new sparks, new oil filter, new oil..

car has recenty started to smoke a little bit at idle this has only happened twice in the last 4 weeks.. , no mayo on filler cap, no dirty mankyness in overflow bottle.. I will be getting a compression test V soon but i believe it is the turbo seals going. ( hey there is a CT9 fully conditioned on here for £150 so its not much to fix )

The engine made 171.5 Hp on the dyno, this was with a restrictive HKS superdragger exhaust. the new japspeed is a bigger bore and its boosting more now, so i estimate it to be just north of 175 hp now.

Interior: Recaro speed bucket seat ( exactly the same as integra R seats ) on a Bride rail. rest of the seats are OEM.. it has a Blitz boost gauge, Momo steering wheel with Boss, TRD shift knob ( these are nearly £40 :O ) some metal racing pedals.. it also has a HKS type 1.. i have also fitted a UK MPH speedo just the MPH piece everything else is the same but it goes from 0 - 110MPh now , but i have the original JDM speedo included.

All in all the car is Very Very clean, it is also very clean underneath.

it has done 95,000 miles.

at this price there are a few for sale i am aware of this , however i am more than confident they will not be this clean.. yeah they might be running 200Hp but i doubt half of them are safely running that power and alot seem to be in quite poor condition body wise.. this is running a confirmed 171hp at least and this is very much within its limits so i think the price is fair..

The car was taken to Clive Atthowe tuning. here is his website.. he is a very highly regarded tuner in East Anglia here is his site. he was very impressed with the car and how clean it was..

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...Z6qbWG3-Nh0gTPxgg&sig2=Gb17VeKqHbmmv2749g6_Hg

yeah it made need a new turbo but i will confirm this before any inspection of the car to save any time wasted on your behalf :) , and if you are picky maybe a front end brush over would be needed but throw £400 at it and it will be a fast immaculate Glanza V

the car will be compression tested as soon as i can get it to a garage this week. i have nothing to hide and am Gutted to have to sell this.

reason for sale: basically pushing all my money into my band.. i really dont want to sell it. its a sick little car and ive scared many friends in it. Ill be gutted to see it go but my band comes before my car at the moment..

Contact Details: 07968987287

Location: Norwich /Norfolk - can travel to meet you if you are far away.. i'll be willing to travel 40 miles for interest in the car. TBH its worth travelling for i took a 450 mile journey to see it and never regreted a single mile :p

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: drive it away.. I would be willing to sort out a trailer and tow it to your address providing you can cover the cost.. its an option if you want to do it that way.

( I will take some more this weekend once i have washed the car as i have used this as my daily since i have owned it which has been about 5 months now )
these will include:
engine bay shots, interior shots, front back sides and some nice shots ;)
also will include shots of when i fitted the exhaust and the dyno print outs

Pictures:

20120618_202648.jpg

20120618_203142.jpg

20120618_202730.jpg

20120706_181305.jpg

cleanfront.jpg

stone chips
rightfrontsplitter2.jpg

stone chips again on other side. as you can see they pretty damm minor :D
leftfrontspiltter.jpg

bonnet.jpg

cleanroofgoodshot.jpg

cleanside.jpg

20120915_172051.jpg

engine.jpg

20120915_172557.jpg

niceshot.jpg

20120915_171715.jpg

underneath.jpg

hopefully thats enough pictures

Last edited:

Topher-EP82

Member +
updated the photos.

these were taken yesterday afternoon after a wash and a quick wax with meguiars tech wax 2.0

as you can see the roof and bonnet are so clean you can see the sky very clearly in the reflection, also the tree line on the side of the car in the refelection and the rear bumper you can see the reflection of my mates car also.

i have a few more pictures that i will put up also..

hopefully this shows you that i have nothing to hide and that the car really is Very Very clean..

Last edited:

Topher-EP82

Member +
NO interest in this at all ????

Serisouly Clean car this is, clean under neath, clean arches... CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.. there is a stone chip on the bonnet... and the front lip has some small chips.

THATS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! just come and have a look..

Or you could buy a badly done td04 conversion running a claimed 220+ bhp on its stock ECU on a tatty glanza for the same money -- your choice :p

Last edited:

Topher-EP82

Member +
Really nice car, I was looking for an EP82 but very tempted by this.

i still owned my Civic EK9 at the point i saw this for sale... I'm a civic nut and this car, becauue i knew the owner, Made me sell my civic and buy this little rocket..

The pictures do not do the car justice....

Topher-EP82

Member +
Bump...

P.s went to check out a few glanza's the other day which were all more expensive than this..... i won't say who's or where ( as its not fair ) but COME ON !!!!!

for the price people are charging i should really advertise this at £3800... some people have no idea how to price a car properly.

Topher-EP82

Member +
know body interested at all.. I've used this everyday since i've owned it.. Still pulling like a train..

TBH i am really enjoying it still :D but i need the money for my band.

Last edited:

Topher-EP82

Member +
I'm guessing the scene is full of kids that don't appreciate ridiculously clean cars anymore but are all to happy to own a cheaply done TD04 conversion on an average condition glanza.

Sad times.. seems the real enthusiasts are dying out..

got a quote for the front end respray... = £90 - also said he could tidy up the side skirts and the car would be absolutely immaculate ( Not even a hair size scratch ) for £160

Last edited:

Skip

Fresh Recruit
Hi mate,

I notice the rear is stripped out - do you still have all the seats/parcel shelf etc? Do you have the original drivers seat too?

Thanks

Skip

Topher-EP82

Member +
Hi Skip, I have all the interior yes, it is in my summer house so all clean and unmarked :D I don't have the original drivers seat however the seat is mounted on a Bride rail. - you can easily get enough money for this seat and rail to get the OEM driver seat.. i'd would expect it to be no more than £50 from a scrap heap..

BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Topher-EP82

Member +
SKip, if you want to meet at any point to have a look at it, i'm happy to travel to you bud and take you out in it, as i see you are in Norfolk :)