Very quick query

southwalesgt

Member +
Hi guys,

Im just about to pop down to motorworld to get an induction filter for my 1993 GT. Im eventually going to relocate it to the front but for now Im going to replace the standard airbox with it.

How big is the diameter of the standard EFi pipe at airbox join so that I can just remove and replace using existing piping/jubilee clip?

Thanks

Rory

Lifer
If you buy a "universal" kit, they usually come with a selection of packers, to suit most diameters.

But off the top of my head, i cant remember the size yof the EFI pipe.

mole76

Member +
ok cheers mate. Gonna pop down now and see what they have.

sorry i mist you mate im only over the mountain from you and i have a varied number of reducers and two re-location pipes that could be used well you could have a look anyways.

hope you found what you needed if not drop me a pm.

southwalesgt

Member +
Done, took like 15 minutes. I had to chop apart my MR2 Tubby airbox as I needed some stiff piping to push inside the end of the EFi pipe where it joins the airbox. The rubber was quite soft and when tightening the jubilee clip it was squishing it and not making a good seal. Good ol' Dremel took 10 secons to cut off a small bit of piping to wedge inside the end

The filter was £22.99...owch but needed one right there and then. Came with three reducers but didnt need them due to expanding the end of the EFi pipe with the insert mentioned above. Sounds good, quite a bit of chatter. Will take it for a spin later on to see how it feels.

P.S How fubar'ed is my intercooler!? RX7 replacement on its way as im modding on a budget at the moment due to still paying weekly for my engine rebuild (work take a bit of pay off me each week)

04062009137.jpg

Last edited: