Very very weird... Help!!

Gtjond

Member +
Put my new hybrid on last week and the car hasnt been running well since. Cutting out when pulling up to lights. Didnt start the other day, and now, i put my foot down on a slip road and, the revs dropped 2 0rmp the standered turbo gauge hit full boost and the temp guage hit max. The car didnt cut out it even tho the revs were at 0rpm and i was still in gear. It coasted for 100m and then kicked back in. Any ideas??? the standed boost guage has been reading odd scine the new turbo aswll

Gtjond

Member +
Notised aswell last night, after this happened, that my petrol light ( which never worked) was lighting up red. Even tho i have half of a tank. Engine oil quantity???

Gtjond

Member +
Still having trouble. Really could do with some advice. Now the car is running perfectly! But when iv been driving it for a while, and i turn it off, it wont start back up!! I have to leave it 10 - 15mins, then it will start. These problems have only started scine i fitted the new turbo... Getting pissed off with it now. And its making me wont to sell up :(

Rev

Member +
Notised aswell last night, after this happened, that my petrol light ( which never worked) was lighting up red. Even tho i have half of a tank. Engine oil quantity???

Quantity > I find below 3 quarters oil on the dip stick starting can some times be be harder, temperature goes up and rougher idle ensues with 10w30.
Sounds like you don't want any extra temperature so correct oil is worth having while diagnosing.

It's right in the middle of this picture:
icv1.jpg

This was loose on my car and it was cutting out slightly whenever I'd go over a bump and the stock boost gauge was going mental. It's just a 10mm bolt mate, maybe clean it up with some contact cleaner too if you can.

Gtjond

Member +
was cleaning up the earths today to see if i can try and cure this problem and i saw this
IMG_1310.jpg

anyone know what it is?????

Last edited:

gtadvmike

Member +
Dude I just rebuild my head and fitted it recently and tht cable there thats cut looks to me like either the lambda sensor cable or one for a sensor in the thermostat housing ... follow it and see where it goes look for something thats plugged in with no cable running to it ...

gtadvmike

Member +
it goes to a sensor in the stadt housing, whats that sensor for and is there a reason why its been cut?

Its a sensor in the thermostat housing ... that needs connecting matey. Couldnt tell you what sensor or exactly what it is without a photo of the housing but IMO that should defo be connected all them should, disconnected cables in the coolant system anywhere could be expensive so fix it before any damage dude !!!

weeJohn

Lifer
was cleaning up the earths today to see if i can try and cure this problem and i saw this
IMG_1310.jpg

anyone know what it is?????

Dont worry about that one, its connected to a temp sensor for the air con and wont affect the running of the car.