very worrying handling issue!!

corofin12345

Member +
well folks... i was coming home the other evening doin around 50 or 60mph and came around a slight left hand corner and the car literally skipped across to the other side of the road accompained by bad judder through the steering wheel.. if anything was coming i was straight into him or her.. has anyone any ideas what may be causing this as.. i dont let things beat me easily but i just cant pin point the problem

shock failure???

bushings???

track rod ends???

tracking???

any help would be appreciated..

Fizturbo

Member +
well folks... i was coming home the other evening doin around 50 or 60mph and came around a slight left hand corner and the car literally skipped across to the other side of the road accompained by bad judder through the steering wheel.. if anything was coming i was straight into him or her.. has anyone any ideas what may be causing this as.. i dont let things beat me easily but i just cant pin point the problem

shock failure???

bushings???

track rod ends???

tracking???

any help would be appreciated..

They cud be a bit twitchy at times (scary)
Are your tyres ok also air pressure not to much, and also shockers not leakin also check track road ends are not worn.

corofin12345

Member +
its actually annoying and scary when it happenes.. anyting over 50mph really... ive aftermarket discs but they are on tight.. theres no motion or play with the rock test so track rod ends are fine so mayge it could be the shock but the travel sems fine.. maybe worth replacing the shocks tho cause its the only thing i can really think about at this stage... the judder was so bad the other day when that happened i was sure the something was goin to go flying off the car

Fizturbo

Member +
Best checkin the shocks ,if it was trackin then it wud be pullin you to 1 side at all time when floorin it

corofin12345

Member +
ya defo would... just checked.. found a bit of oil on the shock so could well be that.. was grand last week tho when i had them off and this problem has been goin on awhile now.. i just cant imagine a shock causing the problem i have tho.. its still rebounding fine.. but then again it would explain the violant judder through the steering wheel when this happens

corofin12345

Member +
Id check the front arb but it sounds tire related to me. Any bulges in the tire?

no they are perfect shane.. only 4 months old.. in the last month tho im getting wear on the inside which would suggest tracking so im now thinking its 2 things.. track rod end and shock.... great

Foggy

Member +
I had bad shocks in my last glanza and they where grand around a corner it was only the bumpy stuff when you notice they were fucked. What springs have you?

corofin12345

Member +
just had a good check there...

aftermaket discs.. secured and on right

wishbone bushings/lower ball joint.. all ok

arb.. no play

trackrod end.. some play noticed..

shock.. not the best

springs.. fucking cut springs.. dont know i didnt notice before :mad:

------------------------------------------------------------------

solution... :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

MeisterR

Lifer
Well, that last thing on the list sure will make the car handling interesting.
Might be time to get some suspension bits refresh and replace.

corofin12345

Member +
Well, that last thing on the list sure will make the car handling interesting.
Might be time to get some suspension bits refresh and replace.

thats a fact fella... if money wasnt an issue id be getting myself coilovers all round (;)) but that just aint goin to happen for a good while.. thinking kyb for now with some make of lowering springs