vibration help

steveatyork

Member +
ok were do i start. had this vibration for a while now. since fitting engine gearbox +changing mounts and exhaust.all at the same time around chrismas time this year. so at 1st thought it might be the mounts ( trd 1's) causing the vibration as it runs through to the exhaust..almost 100% certain its not the mounts. and not the exhaust.having checked. so im pressuming could it be the clutch/flywheel causing this? even on idle i get the vibration but not as bad.untill i rev the car around 2700/2900 i get this horrible vibration.now if u keep it held at this.and put ur hand on the engine u can feel it on the engine./gearbox.and when driving if u hold it at this certain point and rest ur foot on the clutch pedal u can really feel it through the clutch pedal.so could it be the clutch if not lined up propperly?? or flywheel? im running a orc 309ds clutchand flywheel.is there anything else that u can do wrong when fitting these??? any help would be great.or if anyone else has had this prob? thanks

Texx

Super Moderator
It's possible it could be the friction disc out of alignment, but usually you'd have difficulty getting the gearbox back on if the clutch disc was that far out.

Was the clutch and flywheel new or used when you fitted it?

It could be worth cracking off the engine and gearbox hanger bolts/nuts and torquing them back up again starting with the gearbox hanger bolts and then nuts then the engine side hanger bolts and then nuts, just in the off chance the engine and box is slightly twisted and putting excess stress on the mounts.

steveatyork

Member +
It's possible it could be the friction disc out of alignment, but usually you'd have difficulty getting the gearbox back on if the clutch disc was that far out.

Was the clutch and flywheel new or used when you fitted it?

It could be worth cracking off the engine and gearbox hanger bolts/nuts and torquing them back up again starting with the gearbox hanger bolts and then nuts then the engine side hanger bolts and then nuts, just in the off chance the engine and box is slightly twisted and putting excess stress on the mounts.

New clutch and flywheel, Its a ORC 309 DS, the vibration is a proper buz around 2500-2800 rpm, just seem to think its somthing like flywheel related. if i hold my hand on the engine when the vibes there it can be really felt. when i 1st fitted the clutch it had the normal clutch noise for this type of clutch, now its silent? just wondering if it could be related, maybe pulling at straws.

Texx

Super Moderator
Do you get any clutch judder when you lift the clutch pedal and take up drive?

steveatyork

Member +
yeh do get abit of judder. but i think its normal for this sort of clutch??? dont really fancy pulling gearbox off and not finding anything

Texx

Super Moderator
Is the judder worse or better if you take up drive with higher engine revs rather than pulling away normally?

steveatyork

Member +
no woudnt say its worse.i know im pulling at straws at moment..only thing that does puzzle me is when i very 1st fitted the clutch it used to have a slight rattle.but now theres no rattle at all:confused: