Vibration on acceleration

malcolmgt

Member +
As above, car vibrates on acceleration, is fine if just going along and braking.

Wheel bearing?

If so how do I find out which it is? Car came with a spare as though one was on its way out?

laskt9

Member +
does it make a groaning noise on decel? does it change sounds when you turn? generally if you turn left and it gets quiet its the right. and vice versa

laskt9

Member +
i doubt its a wheel bearing then. try jacking up the front and giving it a good shake down and look for worn steering and suspension parts. also check your cv axles

laskt9

Member +
Jack up the car and put a screwdriver on the knuckle. Spin the wheel and listen to see if the bearing is bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Johnleiper

Member +
As previously said check CV joints. Also check your wheel nuts :p you would likely hear a bearing humming its tits off before it got bad enough to feel it through the steering. Hope you find the cause

malcolmgt

Member +
Little update, CV joints fine.
Driveshafts seem fine with minimal wear on one side as in very minimal.
wheel bearings fine.

i do get like a small knock from the engine when pull off, maybe suspension related?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Your looking to see if the rubber inside the mount is seperating or damaged in any way. Excessive wear will cause the issue your describing as a vibration through your steering.

What mounts do you have, stock, TRD, Pollybushed? How long have you had them for?

malcolmgt

Member +
Your looking to see if the rubber inside the mount is seperating or damaged in any way. Excessive wear will cause the issue your describing as a vibration through your steering.

What mounts do you have, stock, TRD, Pollybushed? How long have you had them for?

ill have a look, where are the mounts.. yes im that simple ha. i knwo things just not their official names. you will probably say and ill say oh the thingy bit near that bit .

i had the exact same in my old trueno and it turned out to be an unbalanced buckled wheel

wheels been balanced and tracking done. thanks.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Mounts are as follows:

1 beside your power steering reservoir
1 below your battery tray
1 at the back of the engine underneath

How long have u had these mounts for?

Last edited: