w995 or tocco ultra edition???

durmz

Member +
needing a new phone and got an upgrade waiting to go, has anyone had either of these phones? feedback would be great, im choosing one of these two as i currently have a c905 and the 8 megapixel camera is the tits, but the speaker on the phone died within a month and the phones in shit condition.

im only gonna get one of these two phones so dont go telling me i want an iphone or summit.

rep added as allways thanks

the w995 sony ericson:

http://gallery.techarena.in/data/619/sony-ericsson-w995-walkman-phone-1.jpg

the best looking in my eyes.

and the tocco ultra edition:
http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/news/samsung/samsung-tocco-ultra-edition.jpg

Last edited:

lingl9z

Member +
all depends on what you want the phone for the w995 has a pukka camera compared to the tocco, but if you want touch screen the tocco's pretty amazing! im an omnia guy myself *hides*

durmz

Member +
cmon lads, sumones got one of these phones.

the tocco's got an 8 megapixel camera too though, kinda why i put the phones on par, if the toccos cameras shit then its the w995 all the way as it has the same lens in it that my phone currently has and its great. im with t-mobile and they both give a free 8gb card with each, so memorys a no brainer

durmz

Member +
think im gonna leave it a while, seems to be an amazing sony ericson coming out in october, the iDou satio or something or other, im limited to whatever t-mobile have, as am on a business account with loads of other phones.

Paul147

Member +
I got a w995 yesterday matey and have to say its a fantastic phone!!! If your after one for music etc the speakers on this phone are pretty loud and the headphone quality is immense! You also get a portable set of speakers with it which are fairly loud. All round good phone :)

STEVO9000

Fresh Recruit
Eventhough the cameras are the same (albeit .1mp difference) the Sony is much much better. It uses the same camera as the C905, Sony produce some of the best cameras on the market as they incorporate the cybershot technology into them. The sony will take much better pictures.

However the Samsung does have some good features too, fake call, amoled screen, choice of keypad or touch screen, only comes in two colours though, if you cant get the blue then the red looks a little on the pink side.

Personally, I'd go for the Sony. I work in a phone store and we sell more W995's than Tocco Ultras :)

durmz

Member +
Sorry for going of topic here but what is the "fake call" feature on the tocco?

x2.

thanks for the info guys.

i have a c905 wich takes great shots. guy who works in the phone shop, roughly how much could i expect to be charged for a new speaker in the c905? not the loud speaker the phone speaker

STEVO9000

Fresh Recruit
Depends if its under warranty or not. I would imagine it is being that its less that 12 months old.

Fake call is a function where you can record anything you want, and by pressing and holding down the volume key it will activate your ring tone and then when you press the answer button it'll play your message back, as if its a real call, hence the fake call name. They included it to get people out of awkward situations, i was creased when the rep was demoing one to me and told me that lol

Dingle

Member +
Iam dragging up an old post because i cant be bothered to start a new 1, iam up for upgrade next week. Iam thinking about getting a satio as anyone got 1 and what they like