Want a new tv or sat nav for £6 - read on...

GTdan

In The Closet
a colleague of mine has just done this, and ive just signed up.

set up an over 50s plan with axa, you then have a choice of free gifts
wine
vouchers
sat nav - £70 one from argos
TV - LCD tv with freeview.£120

how it works...sing up for a policy for £6 per month, the first month is usually free.

As soon as they take a payment the free gift is sent out too you - in most cases they are vouchers to redeem the gift at argos.
Once you have yoru free gift you can cancel your policy.

Worse case scenario you will pay 2 direct debits so £12.

No hidden fees or anything like that - my uncle will be being set one up for the tv ;)

GTdan

In The Closet
I'm suprised they let this slip through.

well they are like a broker - they get paid per policy set up - aslong as a payment is made, they will get a payment from the life insurnce company.

i.e

Set policy up through axa, in small print it says we will recieve a payment of £172 from sun life for setting this policy up.
thats how they make the money.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
well they are like a broker - they get paid per policy set up - aslong as a payment is made, they will get a payment from the life insurnce company.

i.e

Set policy up through axa, in small print it says we will recieve a payment of £172 from sun life for setting this policy up.
thats how they make the money.

They have clawback policies too though, can't affect the consumer but it can and does affect the broker.

GTdan

In The Closet
They have clawback policies too though, can't affect the consumer but it can and does affect the broker.

yes, clawback is usually 30 days - hence them only sending out the gift after 1st payment taken which is 30days.
(was 30 days when i used to sell it, but can vary from business to business).

Neal

Member +
Hmm finding somebody over 50 that isnt going to want to do this themselves might be tricky haha.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
lol surely there must be a catch? once they catch on they will change it to probably having to pay a years worth, but even then a tv would be worth it still