Want better steering

smiles

Member +
I am wondering this might sound stupid. I was up at knockhill doing the driving experience and noticed u drive 10 to 10 or 3.15. Anyway u hold the steering wheel like that and just turn the wheel till u cant move it anymore without breaking ur arms. U cant do this with the starlet as full lock with hands like that will send u into a field as u need to turn it like 3 times to take a normal corner. Is there anyway around this i was thinking of a smaller steering wheel but would that make a difference or is it as new steering rack?

Member +
small steering wheels are a bit better mate, but a quick ratio steering rack would be the real deal.
one thing you will notice about smaller steering wheels is that it will be a bit harder to turn the wheel, and you will feel the car being "pulled" more where there is an uneven road surface. more noticable with harder suspension set-ups

smiles

Member +
i noticed more pulling when i fitted my coilovers but got the tracking all set up. does a smaller wheels make a big difference?

aaronw

Member +
i know what ur sayin about the steering,its not lock to lock on the track tho,just enought to turn,even at the hairpin. should pm rory and see what he says about the gt on knockhills track,just an idea.

i did the ultimate drivers experience,what a day!