WANTED: 4EFTE engine

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
as title, must be a good runner and not have anything wrong with it, don't need exhaust or inlet mani. ideally in the midlands but willl travel if necessary

ta :)

Idrees

Banned
Ian if you want my brothers come check it out quickly before he takes it out his car, it can be seen running etc.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
ah mate not good, hope it's nothing big thats the problem,
should be looking at spending no more than 300 for just the engine

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Ian if you want my brothers come check it out quickly before he takes it out his car, it can be seen running etc.

how's it running mate? basically just after something that's gonna keep me running while i sort mine out. not gonna be running big figures through it, 7 psi on a td04, but it'll be covering up to 500 miles a week.

also, what's he asking on it?

Idrees

Banned
how's it running mate? basically just after something that's gonna keep me running while i sort mine out. not gonna be running big figures through it, 7 psi on a td04, but it'll be covering up to 500 miles a week.

also, what's he asking on it?
It's been his car a few week, running .5 bar on a CT9 but crept up to .75ish here and there. Hasn't had any problem apart from the oil light sometimes flickering on idle, people advised the oil pressure sender to be dodgy but I couldn't say. It didn't burn any oil or anything of the sort. He has it up for £400 but we'll look after you. Engine has done 90k, dunno how many of them were miles or kilometres.

Last edited:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
to be honest mate, i'm not all that arsed about hearing it running, as long as it doesn't smoke or knock/bang and has good compression etc then i'm interested. only slight concern is the oil light flickering but as you say it could well be a dodgey sender.

pm me a price for the engine without ancilaries (ie no inlet or exhaust mani)

Bazza

Member +
u still after an engine bud ive got one gona be taking in out in the next week or too looking for 400 ono for it, it has done 65k miles and runs really good.

let us no if interested

Idrees

Banned
u still after an engine bud ive got one gona be taking in out in the next week or too looking for 400 ono for it, it has done 65k miles and runs really good.

let us no if interested

He's coming for my brother's on Sunday. :)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
ok, due to the engine i've bought being a lemon i am on the lookout for another (it's being sorted out and i'll be getting a refund)

BUMP :)

tayyib

Lifer
like idrees said, extremely sorry for this Ian.

also don't buy an engine from bradford mate. trust me, been there done that more than once and you know the problems i've been through.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
like idrees said, extremely sorry for this Ian.

also don't buy an engine from bradford mate. trust me, been there done that more than once and you know the problems i've been through.

one of those things mate, all looks well until we stripped the sump off and found most of the bearings in the pan.

i'll continue to stick to the rule 'don't buy anything from bradford ;)