Wanted... Goldfish for wheel well....

rwdrev

Member +
not really, but i am wondering if anyone elses ep82 spare wheel well fills up with water. Any ideas where it might be comin in from? :confused:

madman

Member +
it could be the seal around the boot or where the top spoiler goes on it might be getting in some how

dark_knight

Member +
leaky trunk

@ rwdrev: check especially around your tail light clusters. those have been known to let some dust+water in. go over the entire trunk seal - there could be some nicks here and there. best best is to be inside the car and look out, see if light escapes any parts of the seal. if you really wana go at it, you could get your windows covered with something like a blanket and go back in the car to check for light leaks.. :)

jackkelly

Member +
mines the same it used to be full with water and when i looked inside there was an old smelly sponge used to try soak up the water, the ruber on the boot seals in mine are gone and thats where it's coming from on mine, just above the tail lights on the right hand side.. theres 2 little rubber plugs to keep the water in on small and one big one, i took the small one out and it drained the water out so i just keep it out too stop it filling back up :)

Fro

Member +
most likely the tail light seals iv seen this alot

Thats where mine was coming in, the little cup things that house the locator thing on the rear lights, mine was fubared and with the car being on a hill when i washed it and stuff, the water was running all the way to the sponge under the back seats :homer: Tidy!

turbostar

Member +
Thats where mine was coming in, the little cup things that house the locator thing on the rear lights, mine was fubared and with the car being on a hill when i washed it and stuff, the water was running all the way to the sponge under the back seats :homer: Tidy!

Thats where it was comeing in on mine, the locator thing at the bottom of rear lights, i just took it out dry'ed it and used sum silicone and it been sweet since.

Dave.

Member +
On my first GT it was the taillights.

Get as much out of it as possible (all the plastic inside the boot, carpet etc, seats folded down). Then get a hose on the car and watch for it coming in.

Probably tail lights (seen two GTs with this)

Dave

Philip0694

Member +
not really, but i am wondering if anyone elses ep82 spare wheel well fills up with water. Any ideas where it might be comin in from? :confused:

Yep had the same problem last year. Try removing the rear lights, there is a hole where they fit/locate into and this is usually where it leaks from.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Phil.

turbostar

Member +
You dont silicone the lights in, you take them out, thers a gromet both sides that the locator on the bottom of each light goes in to. You silocone the gromet just a little bit
So water cant get under it, then let it go off befor you put lights back in.