wanted normal open vsv valve

5e colin

Member +
normal open vsv valve ( almost compleet )

as above lads im on the hunt for a vsv valve that takes vacuum pipe it needs to be normal open and when triggered close

or a ebay link to 1

chheers 5e colin

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
any 3 port boost control solenoid on ebay will do the trick. plenty of second hand ones to be had for around a fiver. can pay a bit more if you want a new one

5e colin

Member +
ha thanks so any 3 port vsv

just 1 question then 1 of the pipes taps in to the axis boost line the other 1 going back to manni releasing pressure when triggered what do i do whit the 3rd 1 block it ????

5e colin

Member +
yes i do

now i come to think of it i still have the vacuum canister from the axis and thats a 3 point valve maybe this 1 will work??

dac69er

Super Moderator
yes i do

now i come to think of it i still have the vacuum canister from the axis and thats a 3 point valve maybe this 1 will work??

if its 3 port, then it should work. just need to work out which is the common port and then the n/o and n/c port and you are away

5e colin

Member +
cheers dacer ur the man thanks

i just checked the oem axis vsv and she is normaly open and triggered shuts down but i do have to block the outer vac port otherwise i will get a boost leak

thanks again

can start on my trigger switch on the tb now

5e colin

Member +
have been testing it seems to work ok still struggling on the tb wot switch ha ha

here the left vent i have to block / the middle 1 to the t pice of the axis line / far right just to air

5e colin

Member +
so thats my 2 vsv bolted together looks oem ha ha

as u see the pic above the left hose is the boost feed pipe from axis manifold , the ( vsv NC ) is activated to open by rpm switch at set rpm
the second hose used to go strait to actuator but is t piced to vent of pressure now to a ( vsv NO ) only activated at WOT so the vsv closes to contain pressure

5e colin

Member +
something like that would work well and be a lot less faff.

it looks like it draws in when you put power on it and comes out (as in the pic) when the power goes off.

i see thats the wrong type then i must find 1 that pushes when powered and then auto retracts

1 day we will come up with a easy solution ha ha

i will get back when i find something