Wanting Hybrid - Mods List?

OllieTurbo

Member +
Ive had a search and cant find the excact answers im looking for so thought id make a quick thread :)

Decided i want to go down the route of making my 1997 glanza a hybrid, Just want to know what mods i will need ?
Heres what engine mods i have got at the moment:

Hks mushroom filter
Hks supper dragger exhaust system
BOV
samco hosing
Gauges

And heres Whats i think i need on my list:
Decat
manifold
front mount
relocate filter
better new fuel pump
adjust hks actuator
rrfpr
fcd

However if i was to get some tope of E-management would i be able to miss the last 3 bits off that list?

Also where do they sale these hybrid turbos ?

sorry but im completely new to the turbo world and need to start learning :Z

miller_EP91

Member +
if you get an emange mate you wont need and fcd , but i would still get the fpr (help fine tune emange) and adjustable actuator (oem one will be weak and you cant adjust boost on it)

and tong turbo do a very good hybrid , contact enzo on uksc if you want give me a contact number and i will get him to call/email you about it ( enzo is a really helpfull kid)

OllieTurbo

Member +
w000t lol, i thoug if you got a td04 you then had to get other parts such as manifold, and down pipe? I found a guy on here called dane selling a decent looking kit for 1350? and the hybrid is 475 i think, and i wouldnt have to modify manifold or anything either would i? although i am going to have to buy an upgraded manifold anyway !

miller_EP91

Member +
depends what your after really mate , best bet is to go out in a hybrid glanza and a td04 and see what one suits you, personally i would go hybrid makes a very quick nipple little car with hardly no lag:rockon:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
w000t lol, i thoug if you got a td04 you then had to get other parts such as manifold, and down pipe? I found a guy on here called dane selling a decent looking kit for 1350? and the hybrid is 475 i think, and i wouldnt have to modify manifold or anything either would i? although i am going to have to buy an upgraded manifold anyway !

as you said. your gonna get a mani and decat so might aswell be for the td04

http://speedvisioncps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=37

best price! read desc.. needs a bit of work to be done.

OllieTurbo

Member +
gotta admit im prefering the sound of the hybrid as i hate the thought of a lot of lag, however that kit does look quite cool and pretty damn cheap, ill wait and see what matey says tomorrow about his hybrids !

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
gotta admit im prefering the sound of the hybrid as i hate the thought of a lot of lag, however that kit does look quite cool and pretty damn cheap, ill wait and see what matey says tomorrow about his hybrids !

i dont see 4k as lag.. but each to there own :)

miller_EP91

Member +
like i said mate everyone prefers diffrent things so try and have ago in each and choose for yourself.

i would offer but my cars of the road atm