Wastegate

JDubz

Member +
Just finished doing a search and no info on this

Ive just finished taking the wastegate off my car (Man what a mission) and pulled it all open as before is wasnt opening up on full boost.

What i wanna know is there anything i need to check while ive got it apart? Any methods to tell if its opeing and shutting method is working? As i dont wanna have to take it off again.

squeekyduck

Member +
Well if its the standard wastegate it is controlled by an actuator. If the standard actuator is not working upgrade it to a HKS one. The HKS one has a stronger spring compared to the standard one and it will hold boost better.
If it is the standard turbo with wastegate you have I cant why you removed so much. All you have to do is to remove the turbo and you can see the wastegate at the exhaust side.

JDubz

Member +
Sorry i should have stated in my first post.

Its a aftermarket external wastegate with a upgraded turbo. Im a noob with cars hence why i thought you had to remove the wastegate?

JDubz

Member +
Seems like the wastegate is just opening up. As ive got a dump pipe and its just stoped making the dumping noise it use to make. And also the BOV noise is alot quieter then it use to be.

Car is boosting 7psi but when gate was working it was boosting 10.5???

Sucks not knowing much about your own car lol.

JDubz

Member +
Yeah ive taken it apart and the part witch pushes the spring up and down is now moving freely? Is this the part you are on about?

JDubz

Member +
Well its moving freely so ill put it back 2gether and just try my luck. If not ill take it into the shop 2morow. Repp added guys thanks.

JDubz

Member +
Just finished putting my external back on. And its still not working. Thing is its only boosting 7psi when it was working it was boosing 10.5 Thought with it not working it would be running unlimited boost. Any help guys?