Water/alcohol injection?

Dust

Fresh Recruit
I have been doing alot of research here and on the aussie starlet site, but no one seems to be running this. Is there a thread I haven't seen that says the starlet hates it, or is it just not popular. A good friend has a WI kit company, and so I have been looking into it, but couldn't find anything. Search didn't turn up anything either.

artmull

Member +
I have been doing alot of research here and on the aussie starlet site, but no one seems to be running this. Is there a thread I haven't seen that says the starlet hates it, or is it just not popular. A good friend has a WI kit company, and so I have been looking into it, but couldn't find anything. Search didn't turn up anything either.

It is used a lot in the USA in areas with poor gas quality such as 91RON Octane but it is also very good to the engine condition when used because of very little carbon buildup.

Dust

Fresh Recruit
I understand all of that, I was just wondering if anyone had used it here. I saw that one person was using it on the old site, and was wondering if there was something special about the glanza that kept people from using it.

fastglanza

Member +
u're in japan? if so u should have no fuel worries..But there is nothing special about the glanza that it cant be used..I soon will install one..Apart from octane (using methanol) it helps with air intake temps

Dust

Fresh Recruit
I wouldn't be doing it for the bad gas, it would be for the cooling, and because it's something to tweak.

Aga

Member +
it retards knock both because of the cooling effect of the water when it vaporises in the cylinder, and because of the high amount of octane in methanol. Like all stuff, you need to do some research before you mess with it. anyway i'd recomment aquamist's kits, because they are the most advanced technologically. and of course you need a standalone ecu, ideally one that supports switching between 2 programs (so you can change the program in case you run out of wonder mix somewhere in the wilderness... or you can just not boost)

hydra EMS ecu's have water injection control intergrated , and the company sells their own kit too.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
it retards knock both because of the cooling effect of the water when it vaporises in the cylinder, and because of the high amount of octane in methanol. Like all stuff, you need to do some research before you mess with it. anyway i'd recomment aquamist's kits, because they are the most advanced technologically. and of course you need a standalone ecu, ideally one that supports switching between 2 programs (so you can change the program in case you run out of wonder mix somewhere in the wilderness... or you can just not boost)

hydra EMS ecu's have water injection control intergrated , and the company sells their own kit too.
You know your stuff mate, you learn something new everyday.