Water Injection Kits, Is it worth it?

Hey i live in the Caribbean, so the average temperature here is between 92-95 Farenheit or 32 Celsius and our Gasoline don't reach 91 Octanes, probably 88 Octanes, i have heard that this kits aside from cooling down the engine, they also lower fuel consumption. I would like to know like how much can this kits lower my consumption to see if it's worth it to buy it. Thanks

ep71turbo

Member +
Only Yesterday Myself And A Friend Were Discussing It, I'm Not Lookin' At It From The Consumption Aspect I Wanna Know Perfomance Wise Is It Worth It?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
88 octaine. that sucks ass. sorry if its off point

They have a different octane rating over there.

Water has infinate octance so is definately good performance wise. The best performance will come from a fully mappable kit or using it with an ECU that control it properly.

fussman

Member +
for us here in the caribbean that dont get high octane fuel i was say yes its worth it.

what compression u looking to run? generally u dont need WI unless u need to suppress
detonation. high intake temps and low octane fuel leads to detonation. that said dont
just look to use it to get rid of det. u may be masking other areas with ur intake system
that u can improve.

WI is best used with a standalone ecu. without it ull have a harder time getting the setup right

in terms of saving fuel im not how much but i dont think its enough to buy a kit for that reason.

for us here in the caribbean that dont get high octane fuel i was say yes its worth it.

what compression u looking to run? generally u dont need WI unless u need to suppress
detonation. high intake temps and low octane fuel leads to detonation. that said dont
just look to use it to get rid of det. u may be masking other areas with ur intake system
that u can improve.

WI is best used with a standalone ecu. without it ull have a harder time getting the setup right

in terms of saving fuel im not how much but i dont think its enough to buy a kit for that reason.

Thank you for the response...so do you do anything to save fuel? Mine is giving me between 25-28km per galon or 250-280km per tank.

I'm running:

Stock Turbo
Apexi S-AFC2
255lph fuel pump
Fuel Pressure Regulator (Currently set to 50PSI)
HKS Fuel Cut Defender (Currently set to 7)
Hallman Boost Controller (Currently set to 12PSI)
Downpipe
2.5in Full Exhaust
NGK V-Power Grade 8
Bypassed

Any ideas why the high fuel consumption??? My normal driving is not passing 2,000 rpm-2,300 rpm so i dont let the turbo kick in much.

fussman

Member +
how have u tuned the AFC? that may be ur fuel trouble there.
do a diagnostic test an make sure all ur sensors are working.

After-Glanza

Member +
That is a very high fuel pressure on the regulator for 12psi. Generally speaking about 3 bar 42psi is considered a good estimate for 1bar on the standard turbo. Your running a decent bit more fuel pressure than that and at lower boost.

Stock fuel pressure is 2.3bar (32psi ish) and that will fuel fine for anything up to fuel cut of around 12.5psi. I think your terrible fuel economy lies with your fuel pressure. Get it setup on a dyno I would say.

nyahbingi

Member +
AEM makes some very good kits, i am actually looking at getting one myself.

My plans for 300whp are right there infront of my so i want to do everything to keep it there.

Or if all else fails, Turbo Upgrade it is! TD05 16G Hybrid with a TD06 20G Compressor housing and wheel!

billybob

Untrusted Seller
water_inj_diagram.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W144mgUDySI

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=1359

Last edited:

haydn28

Member +
the heat actually breaks ring lands in the stock bottom end engines
so water/meth is a good way to lower inlet temps and increase octane ,
the aem kit seems like the way to go.
with w/i timing can be increased alot also leaner afr can be run.