Water leak

Mental Mouse

Member +
Got water leaking at the back of the inlet on my v, can't really see much tbh but looks like it may be coming from the inlet flange area. Anyone ever had this problem?

J25GTi

Lifer
Inlet manifold gasket has probably failed, or the water pipes going into the inlet manifold are leaking? Theres one that comes off a nipple on the back of the engine?

Check the pipes first it comes off the back of the engine in the middle just under the inlet manifold and into the throttle body, and theres the big pipe that comes from the water pump to the stat housing and what not that goes behind there too?

If you cant get it up in the air to have a good look taking the inlet mani off might be your best bet

shanegt

Member +
ye man, mine leaked there to.bottom house on the right of your water housin?rad weld will get you out of a hole but id replace the hose.

Mental Mouse

Member +
All pipes are sound as far as I can see, was kinder guessing inlet gasket cuz I didn't use any sealer where as before I did! Thanks for your advice pal much appreciated :)

J25GTi

Lifer
shouldnt need any sealer mate? Ive never used any on any of my inlet gaskets! once you get the inlet off it will be fairly obvious where its coming from.

just remember there are two types of gasket though!