Water Pipes

jamieparr

Member +
Hi all,

I have had to remove the inlet manifold and stupidly not labelled where each of the pipes coming off of it go back to. Does anyone know of a diagram or anything that would be of any aasistance?
Any help appreciated, I'm working blind!!

jamieparr

Member +
Basically every pipe that comes off the inlet manifold? I didnt think about labeling them up at all, stupid mistake!

thechomper

Member +
coldstartvalve.jpg

do you mean this ,or the whole inlet manifold

Aidan-G

Member +
im in the same situation!lol
is it the vac pipe and the water pipe your talking about??
if it is then there is a pic on the forum somewhere but i tryed searching for it last nite with no luck..

jamieparr

Member +
Those are some of the pipes yea, thanks for the pic it was really helpful.
I'm not too hot on the names of where thos pipes are going to though.
I also need to know where all of the other pipes go if anyone can help

jamieparr

Member +
That diagram is very helpful mate, spot on for the vaccuum pipes. Absolute legend.

Has anyone got anything similair for the water pipes.

jamieparr

Member +
Ok, going back to the first picture that was posted.
I think I know where the thermo housing is, is this under the distributor cap?
The water feed that runs under the inlet manifold, where does this run to?
Also where is the vaccuum rail under the inlet manifold?
Thanks for any help

thechomper

Member +
thermo housing is located under the dizzy cap.

unsure exactly were the water feed goes to under the inlet mani

if you look at the diagram on vacum hoses,check were the vacum liine runs from the idle control valve ,it goes to the vacum rail i am talking about,which in turn links to the cold start valve (auto choke)near the top right of diagram

Last edited:

jamieparr

Member +
Thanks mate you have been a brilliant help in all this. I have everything sussed now (I think). The only thing I am missing is where the water pipe goes that runs under the inlet manifold. Anyone else have an idea?

thechomper

Member +
it links were i showed you on the picture(green circle),dont know were it runs to in the engine ,just know postion on the cold start valve

jamieparr

Member +
Thanks for everything mate I have most of the pipes on now. That water pipe runs to a feed off of the pipe that goes into the water pump.
I now have pretty much all of my pipes on I am just curious as to where two more go, I will attach a picture and circle it if anyone can help.
Thanks

engine.jpg

thechomper

Member +
the yellow circle, is that a fpr
the green one is a vacum above throttle should attach to the smaller vacum that runs along the bulkhead,attachs to a canister under the fuel filter or close to it,fairly sure about that,can you confirm if it is the small nipple above plenium

jamieparr

Member +
What is an fpr mate? The green one is the one you are talking about I think I can sort that one out from what you have told me. I do not know what the yellow one is connected to on either end. Where it is circled is a cylindrical thing that is all i know.

jamieparr

Member +
I'm not sure what the fuel pump regulator looks like. I cant tell where the pipe is going. On the right it goes into a round canister sort of thing, I dont know where the pipe from this is supposed to go to

thechomper

Member +
ye i think Aidan is right ,the yellow is the vacum of your fpr,unsure were it goes to ,but failry sure the other(green) goes to a canister in and around the fuel filter area

engine.jpg

failry sure thats the one you need to put it to ,green + grenn,not sure on the fpr though

Last edited:

Aidan-G

Member +
yeah thats where the one circled green goes chomper
the yellow circled can go to a little nipple on your intake manifold to the left..
as your looking down on it