Water pump help needed

ginor

Member +
I've looked everywhere and can't find a definate answer. Tried changing the water pump but can't get to the last bolt behind the engine mount casing. Do you have to take the crank pulley etc off to get the mount casing off as I tried but couldn't undo the crank pulley.

Any info appreciated

ginor

Member +
I've looked there mate but it doesn't say of you have to take the casing off to change the pump. He changes the timing belt as well so he takes the crank off anyway seeing as he's change the belt. Just wondering if you have to take the crank off because when I was doing it, the last bolt for the engine mount casing looks like its underneath the lower timing cover

Skalabala

Member +
You just need to make some space and remove the pulley on the water pump then you should be able to change it.
It is a crappy job on E and A series engines :(

weeJohn

Lifer
If you take the alternator right off, you can get to the 3 bolts that hold the pump body onto the block. The complete pump then slides off the bottom 2 studs and all thats needed is a little silicon sealant to fit it back on. Much easier than doing all those bolts around the casing and you can be sure its sealed up right before you fit it back on.

Dont forget to disconnect the battery terminals before starting on the alternator.