Water temperature !!!

FeNder

Member +
heya everyone ,

my water temperature gauge in the dash stopped working suddenly ,
i checked most of the plugs near the thermostat , theyre all in properly , including the temp sender , i took the dash out , its pluged in correct ,
and the ecu is reading water temp , only thing we worked on was pushing a harness besides the stock one , the wire from the dash to the ecu water temp signal could've moved ! could that be the problem ??

cheers

Last edited:

FeNder

Member +
well i cant locate the plug to bridge the te1 and e1 to perform a diagnostics , then again i cant find a fault code related to the temp signal in the table , it only died minutes after the harness was tampered with though .

FeNder

Member +
the electrician was installing the field extension harness in place , so im thinking the dash wire tapping into the ecu water temp signal has moved out of place ,
i tried giving that sensor plug a ground source , if the wiring is intact , the needle should play up , it didnt though , meaning theres a break in the wire me thinks ?

smythy75

Member +
just grounding it wouldnt cure it, it prob gets a live feed at the dial!

check your field harness, if its all in tact it will be a sensor but maybe just a pin pushed back in the field harness!

FeNder

Member +
ill get the electrician back and stick him in the footwell lol !
the emanage is reading water temp just fine though , just gotta follow that wire from the dash n see if it has split from the harness , cheers guys

speedfreaq

Member +
ill get the electrician back and stick him in the footwell lol !
the emanage is reading water temp just fine though , just gotta follow that wire from the dash n see if it has split from the harness , cheers guys

the sensor for the temp gauge in the dash is not the same for the one to the ECU

on the thermostat housing the green plug with two wires is the sensor for the ECU

the smallest of all the sensors on the housing with just one wire is the one for the dash gauge.

FeNder

Member +
right mate , i found it , its broken on the way into the firewall and to the dash , reconnected and fine , cheers :)