Weather damage.........

Ok so thought I'd see what sort of damage the weather has brought to your pride and joys.

Currently, the damage for me is 1 curbed wheel (curtosy of ice),

and now my exhaust is blowing quite a bit, due to hitting frozen snow in the road while driving down a road :shoot:

I do hope thats gonna be it for damage to my car, although bad weather is still gonna be heading my way this week :(

Mr LCA

Member +
i slid into a curb around a roundabout and damaged my front wheels and knocked my tracking waaaaay out. the annoying thing is, i wasnt goin fast.

Kelly

Member +
Kerbed wheel on the VR4 budget tyres from previous owner and slippy roundabout! thankgod it wasnt me who did it and it was Ben :p luckily not too bad and just knocked tracking out even the active yaw couldnt sort it out. I hate budget tyres! now has eagle f1's all round and feels alot more stable.

Guna take the volks off the car today poor things are getting snow on them!

Glanza D

Member +
nothing direct from snow but still

took it to jet wash to get all that ice and epsecially salt off car and from in arches but jet was was a lil too powerfull and stripped paint off top of mirror and also when i put it in wheel arch it stripped my waxoyl off :(

so its my own fault but i blame the snow for making the grites come out which made me go to jetwash

rb69

Member +
Just dirt for me, no damage.

Must take it for a wash soon though, all this salt ain't good.

I was told by someone that in this type of weather it is best to keep your car dirty. That way all the salt and grit from the roads, only stick to the dirt and not the paint. Its almost like a protective layer.

Whether there is any truth in this I dont know, personally I would have thought a good couple of layers of wax would do the trick.

Mikey Jay

Member +
Luckily nothing for me, just a few new stonechips from getting stuck behind a gritting truck.

Went to a carwash at the weekend and choose the under-chassis wash option to get all the salt and stuff off. Wouldn't have taken off the underseal would it?
(can't see very well on my drive and cba to jack it up just to look as haven't driven it since it was cleaned, so not picking up more salt anyways)

Big_Daddy

Member +
Luckily nothing for me, just a few new stonechips from getting stuck behind a gritting truck.

Went to a carwash at the weekend and choose the under-chassis wash option to get all the salt and stuff off. Wouldn't have taken off the underseal would it?
(can't see very well on my drive and cba to jack it up just to look as haven't driven it since it was cleaned, so not picking up more salt anyways)

what car wash does that?

GTnomez

Member +
Asita chlaa :p Hope u get it fixed cuz,

I just been scraping lower bar as i can see some road bumps and cracked a wheel cap. lol

yaara i was going slow!! was on pershore rd and took the back streets and bam!!!

gona fix it when i have the time (and money!!!!)

just met chrisw and bought it brake setup!!