Weekend insurance

lingl9z

Member +
Just wondering if there's any insurance companys that basiclly insure the car for every weekend ? If not like ultra limited miles ? Less than 1k? Cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
most will let you have really low miles on the policy.

i would doubt there is any company that would insure you for just weekends though.

what sort of car you looking at insuring? less than 1k miles a year is silly low. a few weekends out in it in the summer and you will have hit 1k easily. only amounts to less than 5 tanks of petrol in something like a turbo starlet driven briskly at weekends, thats not alot

lingl9z

Member +
I'm just looking to get something oldskool jap/rwd to tinker with and take out the odd weekend possibly a kp starlet or an 86 a mates looking to get rid off.. Needs a lot of work doing to it hence real low miles, to get it to and from places to get body work / welding sorted and then take out the odd weekend !

dac69er

Super Moderator
try adrian flux or the like mate. if the mileage is silly low i would reckon the premium will be pretty damn low too (i guess)

lingl9z

Member +
Cheers mate will give that a go, just don't want to take something on if I can't get it to and from places for things I can't do my self as it'll just sit and rot :(

danb87

South East England Area Rep
yea there are companies. my step dad used too have a weekend car lol, which was insured from 1200am friday, too midnight sunday. ill try an find out later what companie he used.

its a common thing for older people too use this sort of service. not too sound ageist lol

y3Lo

Member +
yea there are companies. my step dad used too have a weekend car lol, which was insured from 1200am friday, too midnight sunday. ill try an find out later what companie he used.

its a common thing for older people too use this sort of service. not too sound ageist lol

I think that just covers them on a sunday :p