Weight Loss!

nitish

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys!

didn't know where to post that thread but here I go. What are the best ways to make an EP91 loose weight for better performance? :) air con, rear seats...any other useful tips guys? :rockon:

Cheers

Sigma

Member +
Aircon, rubber tmic wadding on the bottom of the bonnet, rear seats, spare wheel, carpets, headlining, boot trim, door cards... etc etc.

Basically, if you dont need it, get rid :)

Glanza D

Member +
passanger seat
brackets (i run with no FMIC brackets ;))
dashboard
heater
hinges and locking mechanism on the bonnet 4 bonnet pins are much lighter
same with the boot

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Light weight wheels are a big thing too, save you alot of weight and aid in acceleration and deceleration

weeJohn

Lifer
There is loads of weight in the glass, especially the rear window. Replace it with polycarbonate if you are really serious.

Fibreglass body panels also help.

PSI JOE

Member +
if you are really worried about it go to a wrecking yard and see if you find a starlet and start taking it apart...thats what I did with the paseo...I can to the conclution the heaviest things in the car is the top part of the back seat and the front seats which you kinda need to sit down. and the glove box...thoughs are for a fact the heaviest things in the paseo..I felt it was not worth gutting due to I dont want to role around a waffle. plus girls dont like that crap...its power to weight ratio. if you dont like how fast it is and you like your interior well start putting more go fast goodies on it.

hope this helps...sorry I cant tell you about the starlet but we dont have them over here! but im sure its pretty close to the same stuff.

ryan_v

Lifer
take a dump before u go out in ur car lol to save those precious grams and cut out the spare wheel well. theres a dude in the welcome section has a stripped out car for auto testing do a search on it

Timmy

Member +
Unless you into serious raceing it's not worth stripping out, the road noise is too loud and the handleing gets a bit iffy. The balance i found was alot better with the interior in and atleast half a tank of fuel.

nitish

Fresh Recruit
ok guys thanks a lot for the tips. i'm starting stripping mine by this wkend and will let you know of the change. :rockon: