Went for a burton in the snow!

glanzajosh

Member +
Basically we had some pretty bad snow a month or two ago and during that period i was out in my car and attemted to avoid hitting a dog i wasnt going fast or anything due to the conditions but i missed the dog but slid into the kerb, from the outside the wheel looks vertical no camber just wonderd what i will have bent and if it will be exspensive, i also have a ongoing prob with my driveshafts, new or second hand ones required PM me if you have some for sale thanks josh

matt walters

Member +
when i hit a curb to avoid some moron in a saxo i needed new wheel, new wishbone and a full alighnment. still think i need the lower ball joint replacing. but thats happeing when i get a job :(

dark_knight

Member +
best thing to do in such a case is take the affected wheels for balancing to check their geometry then also go for wheel alignment to check if your steering/suspension was upset during your dive in the ditch :)
going into a jig to check for chassis geometry may be a little extreme but i'd only recommend this if there is visual evidence of a warped chassis - like one side of your car sits higher than the other when parked on level ground..
all the best with that mate.. & at least you saved the dog's life.. :D