Went on rolling road today CHUFFED with result

Went to engine tuner alan jefferys today nice bloke. delt with martin jefferys he likes his starlets top bloke was really nice.

Well anyway banged car on rollers fueling was bang on he said and the smile that grew on his face as he rolling roaded it grew and grew so i thought this must be a good sign.

So he gets out the car and gives me his summery which was that

He thinks the turbo isnt a standard one might be hybrid as it produces power all the way through till 6700 rpm.. Im unsure im 99% sure its standard ct9

Recons his old one didnt perform as well and that he could clear up in it in his hill climbs section he used to do. :D :D haha

Think he liked the car as he asked to take it for a rip lol obviously i let him and he came back and said he loves it hehe always good

Anyway The result...........

197BHP
185 torque

So yeah im chuffed.:rockon::rockon:

Mods are.

Front mount
exhaust
decat
manifold
front mount filter
apexi avcr
hks fcd
apexi safc

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Take off the EFi pipe and have a look at the fins;)

Nice result,she'd be fairly quick on the ct9 at that :)

dantheman

Member +
must be hybrid no way your getting those figures at a bar on stock ct9. any pics of the car? did you buy it off someone on the forum?

Nah i bought it a couple years back from import place down this way im first owner over here. The turbo is standard ive looked at it compared to a mates and it looks exactly the same and still had the standard efi pipe etc on it when i got it .... I dunno maybe it is hybridised somehow... dunno. Does go really well everyone says so. and martin jefferys loved it said he was well impressed with it.

If u click on my profile on here and go click for threads started by me you will see the car ive posted some up not so long ago.

easty-5

Member +
Nice result bud.

Did sx_(mathew?) not get a cracking/similar hp result on his ct9?

Yea he got 190bhp IIRC.

I didn't even get that on my hybrid Turbo, FMIC, Emanage etc at 1.1-1.2 bar lol. Got 169bhp on my first hybrid and 184bhp on the second hybrid at Wallace Performance.

Got 201bhp at Jap Performace/Ellon Car Clinic on the 1st hybrid though :homer:

Fatman

Member +
Congrats on the good result!

Just be aware that figures (especially calculated flywheel figures) aren't really all that comparable between dynos. Done on the same rollers on the same day, yes. But months/years later on a different brand dyno with a different operator the results will have too many variables to be able to accurately say one is higher than another.

A dyno is a great diagnostic and tuning tool and is excellent for comparing with itself, outside of that it gets a bit fuzzy.

Having said all that I think a CT9 is capable of those sorts of power figures if you find one that's in good condition with a well set up set of bolt ons (obviously yours are working well)

The real test of the power is to take it to a 1/4 mile day and see what your trap speeds are like. Those are a far more comparable measure of power at the end of the day :)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
those are some really fantastic results for a ct9 @ 1bar.

kon