wepr s/s manifold material

bongskag

Member +
just got back from the welding guys..

anyone know what grade stainless wepr are using .. the cracks just kept blowing out as if it was cast !

my welder thought it could be titanium , I assured him it was not. It had been previously heat wrapped (bad idea on stainless) which probably lead to the cracking,

could the extreme heat have somehow altered the material making it more brittle ?
anyone had issues with Wepr racing before ?

I contacted Wepr only to find that shipping the mani back to them would cost me more than the manifold was worth as I bought it second hand (previous owner running 1.4 bar with the crack around the collector , apparently no issues :/ )

it would be great to find out what its actually made of !

thanks,
Rob.

bongskag

Member +
p.s the manifold is all welded up , going to have the ext. w/g flange welded in at some stage just need to work out any clearance issues first.. he said it wouldn't be a problem but we would like to know whats going on with this material .., :)

bongskag

Member +
must have been some dodgy heat wrap on there. I thought it was 321 maybe. the welder only heard of 304 and 316 .. thanks for confirming it. its all good to fit the ext. w/g now :)