wepr sidewinder

graeme

Fresh Recruit

Got it fitted today. Im not sure if i like it. maybe a smaller backbox at the same angle would be better?

Opinions?

Gtstu

Member +
i really like it the 1st picture makes it look big because it shows the box under the car if that makes sense.what does it sound like?

graeme

Fresh Recruit
cant realy comment on what it sounds like proper as i still have a gaping hole in the cat for the lambda so it sounds realy blowey. getting that out tomorow (dont have a socket deep enough and the casting of the standard cat just gets in the way)

Im in 2 minds still. i love the angle, i just wish it was smaller :p

andy.i

Member +
stop being such a big jessie you gay boy!

il get it out tomorrow at work then you can have orgasms over the noise

Shove a old hankey down the lambda hole :haha:

Love the angle and from what ive heard they sound very nice, perhaps when you get the lamda sorted it`l be better.

graeme

Fresh Recruit
looks like some cheap ass backbox imo. cheap looking grade stainless too ?

The steel is awesome quality. box does look a bit 'cheap' as you said but i may change it if a apexi or hks one comes up cheap. wont be to much to change it. But i dont think im gona be desperate to change it. it should all be pretty funtional.

Rory

Lifer
Custom made boxes, and polished like a mirror. ;)

looks like some cheap ass backbox imo. cheap looking grade stainless too ?

Im not keen on this "angled" rear box, think it looks naff, especialy on such a short car.
Apart from that you wont regret it, once you here it go. :)

dantheman

Member +
i had one on one of my old starlets when i bought it and threw it in the bin.. the stainless is crap quality when you compare it to a decent system ie nurspec etc

one thing i will say though is it sounded LOVELY :p

fussman

Member +
i had one on one of my old starlets when i bought it and threw it in the bin.. the stainless is crap quality when you compare it to a decent system ie nurspec etc

one thing i will say though is it sounded LOVELY :p

i find u can get away with a cheaper quality back box with turbo cars. due to
the turbo already quieting the car. but with a n/a car, quality is a must.

graeme

Fresh Recruit
we'll see how it goes. it does hang low so if it hits of something so it way get changed for that reason.

Levin-AE111

Member +
No offence but the backbox doesnt look the best.

Im running an RS*R on my EP82, angled exit......sound the t*ts and the quality is immense, the welds are some of the cleanest ive ever seen, the steel is extremely good quality. rare system too. and i think they look better than any Blitz or HKS system, the only other system i do like is the Apexi and a few of the other rare systems out there.

Guye

Lifer
I actually prefer quite systems. I kept the stock barrel for a long while because of this. Oddly, a magnaflow 2 1/2" straight through backbox and piping turned out to be as quite as stock and sits nicely in the stock position, so it's inconspicuous in looks as well.

Last edited: