Wepr TD04 kit radiator fitment

Right just had a call from Mark saying yet another radiator doesn't fit. So far he has tried a n/a radiator and an alloy civic radiator.

Anyone ever experienced this before as I thought the kit was rad friendly, then surely it should clear a civic rad and a normal rad! So any advice would be appreciated, although unfortunately since I'm not doing the work on this I'll have to relay any info to Mark.

For a pic (Pic of the engine and external wastegate):
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59384

Rory

Lifer
This one.

IMGP1249.jpg

Only thing i can see is the water feed lines that would foul the rad (standard)
Did he say where it wasnt fitting in?

Im sure he something about this on Tuesday night, but i never got a good look at it.

Idrees

Banned
My Rad wouldn't fit straight on with the WEPR TD04 Hybrid kit but we changed to a slim fan and it was sorted. Hope that helps.

GTdan

In The Closet
i know nick@tuningdevelopments got a new one off sacha some months back, and i think it was one of the new design ones, nick got it all race coated (so couldnt send it back) and couldnt get a rad in, so he ending up cutting and bending the bumper bar to get a rad in it.

have you tried removing the water lines to see if it will fit?

This one.

IMGP1249.jpg

Only thing i can see is the water feed lines that would foul the rad (standard)
Did he say where it wasnt fitting in?

Im sure he something about this on Tuesday night, but i never got a good look at it.
From what he says, it's the wastegate itself that is being fouled (civic)

My Rad wouldn't fit straight on with the WEPR TD04 Hybrid kit but we changed to a slim fan and it was sorted. Hope that helps.
Deffo won't help as the rad itself won't go on lol

i know nick@tuningdevelopments got a new one off sacha some months back, and i think it was one of the new design ones, nick got it all race coated (so couldnt send it back) and couldnt get a rad in, so he ending up cutting and bending the bumper bar to get a rad in it.

have you tried removing the water lines to see if it will fit?

I was thinking of mounting it at the front, but the intercooler is in the way.

Would mounting it at a little bit of an angle be a problem? like bottom in the engine bay and the top a little over the intercooler if you get me?

Fro

Member +
It does look farkin tight where the flange for the sreamer is.
Bum deal dude, it doesnt seem to be going your way!

happened to me mate, its a load of balls I forgot to post up a thread slating it fitment. Something that should of taken 3 hours took 17 cus of a fuckin radiator.

I got a radiator out of an 96 NA, I got it brand new for £125. Ed got it to fit. I'll take a pic and post it up

VPower

Member +
i was just about to buy one of these mani's think i will reconsider, sorry to hear the trouble your having fella

dsc00055q.jpg

dsc00054r.jpg

dsc00056i.jpg

dsc00057u.jpg

it was a nightmare, I had a alu dual core rad that I had to change, then tried a standard rad, didn't fit, then modified the brackes still the mani was sitting to close to the rad, then got the NA rad and with the modded brackets it finally fit.

http://img237.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00054r.jpg

Legend mate! Repped :)

Does your engine clear it when under load fine aye? As mine has trd mounts so shouldn't move much but still if it's that close if you get me!

weakboy2

Member +
Cat... have you got a pic of it from the top, or from the front? if you have could you post it/pm it to me pretty please?

also i would keep an eye on those speed vision water lines, i ended up binning mine because they just would not seal.

Cat... have you got a pic of it from the top, or from the front? if you have could you post it/pm it to me pretty please?

also i would keep an eye on those speed vision water lines, i ended up binning mine because they just would not seal.

I didn't manage to take any pics when down as my battery was low on my phone. Sorry bud, but the area that was fowling was the wastegate itself, and by the looks of it, the standard radiator would never fit with that manifold tbh.

pockrockgtti

Member +
Mine was a tight fit. what i had to do was slide the rad in without the fan. And then bolt the fan on with the radiator fitted in the engine bay.

Member +
happened to me mate, its a load of balls I forgot to post up a thread slating it fitment. Something that should of taken 3 hours took 17 cus of a fuckin radiator.

I got a radiator out of an 96 NA, I got it brand new for £125. Ed got it to fit. I'll take a pic and post it up

direct fit my f***in hole!

i had to grind a bit off the top of the rad brackets to pull the rad towards the front of the car, along with various other mods for almost every other part of the kit.

tbh, i dont think the price of the kit was reflected in its quality

if you want more info on what i done, pm me dude.

Ed

EDIT: it was more than the rad brackets that needed modified rich, it was most of the kit ffs!

Last edited: