were does this hose go?

ryan86

Member +
im gona fit my relocated air filter tomorrow jus wondering were does the hose from the efi go to when the efi is taken off at the min it runs from the efi to like a sensor thats mounted on top of the abs unit ??

corofin12345

Member +
you could weld a nipple onto the relocation pipework for the high/low feature to work but theres no point, just bypass the high/low solenoid, this way it will be in high boost all the time

corofin12345

Member +
the metal pipe coming up along the cam cover, just leave that open to atmosphere.. just loop the pipe on the solenoid back onto the other pipe on the solenoid then to stop dirt getting into it

ryan86

Member +
Ok so I fitted my relocated airfilter and pulled off my air con tday :) jus a quick question c the bit that sits into the efi is it ok left open the car sounds like it has a dump valve on it nw but it doesn't lol ???

Nippon

Member +
Get a pic up will make it easier for people to see what u mean.

What u are hearing is wastegate chatter I rekon.
Have you removed the standard recirc valve aswell?

ryan86

Member +
I havnt a clue mate tbh the car is standard apart fen no air con and air filter it's the bit that sits into the efi im not sure what to do with it if it's ok left on or not will take a pick tmarrow n put it up

The vacuum hose from the efi pipe to the bit near corner of the cam cover. I chucked mine when i done mine it ent needed, have u bypassed the hi/lo valve? Youll. Need to do that first then ya all good to go, i think its just a breather hose

Last edited:

ryan86

Member +
Yeah iv sorted out the vacume hose n bypassed the hi/lo thers a bit that sat inside the efi n it has three hoses onnit one goin to the inlet one into the rocker cover and the other into the intercooler Think it must b the stock bob bt jus wondering is it ok left on ther with nothing on the bottom of it wer it used to sit in the efi ??

akyakapotter

Member +
leave the small vac pipe from the efi pipe on just tuck it out the way. The breather one use a small breather filter and the intercooler one if its a top mount block it off mate or fit a dump valve job done just got rid of my efi pipe and meshed the turbo. :)

corofin12345

Member +
what your hearing is the turbo flutter not wastegate chatter, if it sounds like that is more compressor surge then flutter tho