what about this

wull

Fresh Recruit
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2639800.htm

now i think the power is a bit optimistic but i have been in contact and the guy might be interested in a swap for my 106.

what do you's think,i might start a thread and see if someone nearby could have a look,i'd only do that if the swap got serious.i can't afford to buy a shitter but it seems ok,my 106 has had pretty much 1k spent on it in the last few weeks which means i shoudl really keep it for peace of mind and for commuting to work but i really want a starlet.....desperately:drive:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Definently never even close to 180bhp.

Hes claiming that sort of power with an air filter, FMIC and an exhaust? lol maybe its the stickers that are adding more power.

Can always try your luck but adding a for sale thread here and on pistonheads and say your interested in a GT or Glanza.

wull

Fresh Recruit
thats what i was thinking mate,i did say to him in the email that the power would be nowhere near that.but i'm not too fussed about the power output,gives me soemthing to wrok on if the deal happened.

what do you think about the price and the car itself,its hard to tell from the ad but it seems ok.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I think its abit expensive for the list of problems. Handbrake cables might be stretched or maybe adjusted, if the abs light is flicking on it may need new rear discs then you've got the keying on the car.

Would be better ones out there at 2k im sure of that.

Iain

wull

Fresh Recruit
i've seen quite a few like that though,does that make a big difference.most ads i see say registered as a non turbo so cheap insurance.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
i've seen quite a few like that though,does that make a big difference.most ads i see say registered as a non turbo so cheap insurance.

Registered as a non-turbo means your driving with no insurance, whats the point in paying it? When you get caught you'll be royally screwed. Just make sure its registered as an import and as a turbo.

wull

Fresh Recruit
yeah i was going to say that some listings say "its upto you if you want ot change it".....its like the nova's and corsa's kicking about with redtops and still registered as 1.2's.

Rory

Lifer
As Iain says, no point in buying a car that at the end of the day will have you knicked from the police.

Do it once do it right.

wull

Fresh Recruit
i would change the v5 though so everything was legit.i don't think i'm going to entertain it,i've been well and truly put off now:haha::haha:

i think i'll need to be patient and save up for a good one.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
i would change the v5 though so everything was legit.i don't think i'm going to entertain it,i've been well and truly put off now:haha::haha:

i think i'll need to be patient and save up for a good one.

A gem will always appear and come up mate, if people are boasting are there void insurance then i would stay away also :)

Rory

Lifer
Get one that has been registered properly.
As i see over the fence they think this is ok. It isnt.

Registering it as a 1.3 when first imported, automacicaly reduces the insurance as it doesnt see it as a turbo.
Ever wondered how some folk get insured easily on Glanza and some folk dont?