what are my chances?

Gilly2006

Member +
well im leaving college in the next couple of months which will give me time to get a full time job.
just wondering what everyone thought my chances where on getting insured on a GT. 19 1 years no claims. il be paying monthly so it will be abit more but hey.

Gilly2006

Member +
well iv sent a u2u to sky insurance to see what they will offer me. but iv been reading in the "who insures you" thread and admiral seem quite allrite. il have to give them a ring next week, can't get a quote online.

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
how along ago was that and wat company?

tbh insurance has rose by alot lately because there much more sought after

that was 2 years ago with bell. Did a quote with Bell earlier for my GT with me being 20 and 3 years ncb and it came back at 520, so insurance for me is pretty good.

Gilly2006

Member +
that was 2 years ago with bell. Did a quote with Bell earlier for my GT with me being 20 and 3 years ncb and it came back at 520, so insurance for me is pretty good.

well yeh 2 years ago i could get a quote on my old gt with my mum on it for 1293. but now they won't quote me online anymore.
anythin under 2k il be happy.

dave-izzle

Member +
thats allrite! id be chuffed with that. i think i love GTs too much! lol!
whos that with dude?

That's with admiral. it's £1600 on a 10 month period bonus accelerator.

The thing is, i went on the website and they quoted me around £900, but when i went to pick the car up and take the policy out over the phone so i could drive the car home it went up to £1600.... wasn't chuffed to say the least.

ChrisGT

Member +
When I was 18yr old and 1 NCB it was £1400 a year fully comp in my name. (I'm 19 now with nearly 2 NCB) So you should be fine.

Gilly2006

Member +
awesome! well im 19 in may, and my policy on my mini is being on hold at the min. so i think iv got 5 montsh to finish off on that and then i get a years no claims. but during the 5 months, il be saving up! :)

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
really?

i literally called them on friday and they told me they wont insure under 21's fully comp

aye, will have a look when I finish work 2morrow, but it is fully comp, all my cars have been insured with them fully comp since I was 18. They also told me they wouldn't insure me on imports but were a bit miffed when I told them my GT was insured as an import with them for 2 years..