what determines an engines limits?

keirz

Member +
just wondaring what determines an engines safe power limit on the 4efte.

im talking stock engine not forged.

basically the reason im asking is im building a new turbo that im pretty certain is gonna make good power and before i put it on i wanna make sure its gonna be ok.

so is it horsepower or boost pressure that will kill the engine, for example?

a hybrid running 1.3 bar making 200bhp ( just an example, not my set up, i made 196bhp @ 1 bar)

my new turbo, est 235bhp at 1 bar

would the extra 35 bhp be enough to kill the engine or would the lower boost pressure make it exceptable?

all will be fueled saftly

just after some opinions as ive seen people making good power on stock engines with big turbos at lower boost. and seen people killing engines running big boost and low horse power.

keiran

billybob

Untrusted Seller
if your engine is not badly worn out.mybe with a good tune it will run ok be safe enough.saying that i would only feel safe with an engine that has been rebuilt not so long ago to run that sort of boost:)

MentaLEP91

Member +
well first make sure that ur engine is in good health.

im now working on a new turbo settup on my stock glanza engine.
the thing that kills engines is lack of peripherall tunning i.e. ECU, fueling, IC, etc.

surely a big turbo in high boost will shorten the life of an engine rly bad BUT ive seen several 4efte's working perfectly fine with a GT28R and 1.4bar with stock internals.

boost is a subjectial matter, 1 bar on a CT9 is different than 1 bar on a td04. as long as ur engine is healthy AND u have the right support mods and tunning, a healthy 4efte should tolerate such an abuse, not in daily basis tho.

im planning in running a t25 turbo with just an fpr/fuel pump and stock injectors at 0.7bar allways monitoring the AFRs and EGTs.

a healthy 4efte should be capable of 220-230bhp imo safely and well set-up