should.jpg

and shouldn't.....

shouldnt.jpg

this is what the CT9 that blew up last Sunday now looks like...oh joy

Good job I have a spare :)

Most likely to have it all built back together by JAE...Hopefully

primesera

Member +
running standard boost. Only got a FMIC so running slightly over the norm. I think it's just down to ware and tear to be honest.

took a tight corner at high revs in th wet, got traction after straigtening up was going for third when a noise I thought was familiar (pop noise then a whirl of the turbo and no boost) which made me think - cooler pipe off or burst. took the whole damn piping off to find nothing. back together and tested to find no spool. and i think you can see why :)

primesera

Member +
running standard airbox so the chances of anything getting in are slim and nothing fell out of the cooler pipes. Will check the whole system though..trying to prize the turbo apart to see if there is anything inside too..

does look like quite an impressive blow up mind :)

primesera

Member +
whoa wierd shape!!!

no upgrade for now. dont have the funds. was lucky I had the spare to put on otherwise i would be in a lot of trouble. The sera is my daily drive.

Plus not sure what to do if I was to upgrade. Hybrid: my mates sera turbo has been in my possesion for a few weeks and his is a hybrid and I prefer the earlier spool of the standard CT9.

TD04: not tried it but again probably later spool. Just wish there was a turbo out there small enough to spin quickly but big enough to cope :)

Is that too much to ask :D