What im upto and driving :D

Neal

Member +
Yo not been on here for a while, just thought i would post what im driving these days!

media.jpg

scei3.jpg

scei1.jpg

S/99 Fiat Seicento Sporting

71k miles, full service history and every MOT ticket.

New headgasket and timing belt set at 70k miles, cylinder head inspected and passed.

Great little runner and small project for me, fancied a big change and totally tired of expensive cars to run/tax/insure so i went for something totally different!

Its nippy around town and great on the country lane twistys, i found theres LOADS of space behind the wheel and im just on 6ft tall. Theres a good aftermarket for these cars, with most things quite affordable aswell as a good source of standard parts knocking about for easy repairs etc.

rage

Lifer
looks like a mint run around lil car :) prolly makes you miss the acceleration of the ep82!

have seen loads of aftermarket goodies for these and you can turn them into nice cars! and cheap as hell to run allthough i'm not all that confident in the fiat engine.

Neal

Member +
To tell you the truth these little engines are bombproof, they run at ridiculas high temps!

But you can go out and buy an engine from a scrappy for them for 100 quid! lol, also you can fit a 1.2 punto engine straight into it and they are the same a couple hundred pound and they are supposed to give you a nice increase because of the extra torque and you go from 55bhp to around 75bhp!

dac69er

Super Moderator
my mate has an uno turbo and its a sack. he thrashes the crap out of it and it pops and bangs and fires flames out the exhaust, but it starts every time and goes well. he has had it for over 3 years and has never had to touch the engine apart from changing the cambelt and waterpump.

you used to be able to get turbo kits for these cars. give them an extra bit of poke.

Neal

Member +
Dac, quality old UNO turbos where all the rage way back when! Yes you could used to get a turbo conversion from a company called Van Aiken.. Gave them a good bit of poke, power to weight ratio in these things can be ridiculas!

Durmz, thats your opinion mate everybodys entitled to one!

dac69er

Super Moderator
im not really a fan of the seicento but loved the old cinquecento. was going to get one as my first car but got given a fiesta.

i have to mates with uno turbos, they are brothers. they love them. they really arent that unreliable compared to other cars of the same age. look after them and they will look after you. electrics are a bit crappy though ;)

Neal

Member +
im not really a fan of the seicento but loved the old cinquecento. was going to get one as my first car but got given a fiesta.

i have to mates with uno turbos, they are brothers. they love them. they really arent that unreliable compared to other cars of the same age. look after them and they will look after you. electrics are a bit crappy though ;)

Yeah well because they are fairly cheap i was considering getting a well kept Cinqy and putting a punto engine in one of them and having that as a bit of a project car.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
ha, my mates got the older one, an got a renaut 5 turbo lump in it.

quality cars lol9

AdDaMan

Member +
my mate had one of these has his first car when i was like 15/16.
We loved it, reppin our end in it and goin up southend and that, big exhaust and alloys etc...and the choons bustin out...loved it.
Now now though lol

Jayd.m

Member +
mates got 1 of these, & had 1 in the job 4 awile.. animal lil car. my mates 1 is stripped, 2 huge buckets with harnesses, deep deeep rims, & high lift cams its animal... got a ninja engine on the way for it, guna be even more epic..!

Neal

Member +
haha sounds quality! they are so easy to work on and small engines do just go in so easily!

scot-ish

Member +
mates got 1 of these, & had 1 in the job 4 awile.. animal lil car. my mates 1 is stripped, 2 huge buckets with harnesses, deep deeep rims, & high lift cams its animal... got a ninja engine on the way for it, guna be even more epic..!

its an animal? even with set of cams, there only gunna be 60 or so bhp? i think an animal is a bit over the top.

there not my kind of car, looks like a squashed glanza, and even then a glanza looks like a squashed berlingo.

Jayd.m

Member +
its an animal? even with set of cams, there only gunna be 60 or so bhp? i think an animal is a bit over the top.

there not my kind of car, looks like a squashed glanza, and even then a glanza looks like a squashed berlingo.

yeah with cams.... with a ninja = ABSOULT ANIMAL CAR. & animal is only a figure of speach, not like its guna keep up u anything more than its own cc (with cams ect), if your running a ct9 gt id say his finished would dust your yoke..

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
had a chinq for a short time while doing my engine converstion. i found it amusing i could drive all the way to work at full throttle and not break the speed limit once :haha: