What is Different ct9 (1 bar) and td04 (1bar)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Bigger turbo will compress more volume of air at the same given boost pressure as a smaller turbo. More air = more power.

If you want to know figures...

CT9 around 180bhp

TD04 around 220bhp

Both at 1 bar

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
at 0.5 on td04 its pulling away from type r civics

very debatable... My type R was hitting 13.7 quarter... Just depends what type R your on about lol. An d 0.5 bar a TD04 isnt doing alot so id doubt it would beat any type R in all honesty lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
very debatable... My type R was hitting 13.7 quarter... Just depends what type R your on about lol. An d 0.5 bar a TD04 isnt doing alot so id doubt it would beat any type R in all honesty lol

i imagine he means the ep3 type r ;)

i would say 1 bar on a ct9 isnt far off 0.5 bar on a td04. but you do loose lower down response with the larger turbo. ct9 runs out of go at higher revs whereas the td04 keeps going. its all a case of what ou want out of the car, i find a hybrid ct9 more suited to the roads i drive, but i do like the td04 for more flat out thrashing :D

squidge218

Member +
my first starlet was a ct9 starlet and that was boosting .7 bar and was very responsive and hit boost very quick but like has allready been said runs out of puff towards end of the revs i know have a forged td04 ep82 only running low boost at the minute again .7 bar, raced my mates integra type r the other day and beat it twice !! maybe a bit more laggyer but in my eyes all worth it !!

AdDaMan

Member +
my first starlet was a ct9 starlet and that was boosting .7 bar and was very responsive and hit boost very quick but like has allready been said runs out of puff towards end of the revs i know have a forged td04 ep82 only running low boost at the minute again .7 bar, raced my mates integra type r the other day and beat it twice !! maybe a bit more laggyer but in my eyes all worth it !!

Until you get to some corners...;)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i imagine he means the ep3 type r ;)

i would say 1 bar on a ct9 isnt far off 0.5 bar on a td04. but you do loose lower down response with the larger turbo. ct9 runs out of go at higher revs whereas the td04 keeps going. its all a case of what ou want out of the car, i find a hybrid ct9 more suited to the roads i drive, but i do like the td04 for more flat out thrashing :D

Even an EP3 driven properly will do mid 14's in pretty much stock form, ive also owned an EP3... I would say a well set up starlet with 1bar CT9 would beat a TD04 at 0.5 in all honesty... but yeah i doubt it would be miles off..

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yeah i mean ek3s and two of them i pulled away from mate at 0.5 bar

An EK3 isnt a type R... they are not fast.. And alot of people dont know how to drive the type R's properly so its hard to gauge.. You have to literally hit the last single rev at the limit and full throttle shift to get the max out them engines.. Most people dont do that lol

triple j

Member +
An EK3 isnt a type R... they are not fast.. And alot of people dont know how to drive the type R's properly so its hard to gauge.. You have to literally hit the last single rev at the limit and full throttle shift to get the max out them engines.. Most people dont do that lol

the are all the same to me man 1.6 dohc vtec am not a honda man at all but i did have a vti civic one time. and i am not bullshiting about pulling away from 2 different proper type r civics, and i think the lads around here no how to drive there civics as the are very big in to them,

Dan3SGTE

Member +
the are all the same to me man 1.6 dohc vtec am not a honda man at all but i did have a vti civic one time. and i am not bullshiting about pulling away from 2 different proper type r civics, and i think the lads around here no how to drive there civics as the are very big in to them,

cool man... I was a big honda man, still like em to be honest, and i know that some are fast and some aren't.. Im just saying a well driven type R/ any type R with hold its own against a TD04 at 0.5 bar. My EK9 used to hold TD04's at 1BAR! that only had a B18R with bolt ons 196hp. At 0.5bar a TD04 on a starlet will make what, 160-170hp? Not really enough to be honest with ya.. But we all have different experiences i guess :) My lot down these ways will back me up 100% as they know.

Either way it dont really matter, think my point is that a TD04 at that boost isnt really gona get you far lol.. At 1bar though its a different ball game.

richglanzav

Member +
td04 is still asleep at .5bar haha td04 at 1 bar with a decent setup will pull on a civic type r, ek9 or ep3 stock but play around with the honda and it could well change lol

Topher-EP82

Member +
OH but isn't so much fun when you are able to get every single Revolution out of the B16B.... I remember i must have been changing literally 10 Rpm short of the redline....

Rolling from 30Mph in 3rd gear and the glanza even running a Ct9 at 0.7 - 0.8 bar will take off compared to an EK9 in 3rd gear at 30mph..
good to see another honda NUT on this forum :D

triple j

Member +
ok, why could 2 different 1.6 type r civics not get by me, i meet them on the carrickmacross road the 2 different occasions which happens to be my road that i no inside out, but there is a straght thats a little less than a quarter mile and i keep a car distance from one the other was a little tighter, true story am afraid.

Topher-EP82

Member +

Lol the Ek3 isn't even a 1.6 let alone a DOHC its a little 1.5 SOHC unit... only thing i'm left thinking is you say they are all the same to you but then you are adament that you raced EK9's... Maybe its the lawyer in me coming out but those 2 statements dont really add up.

just banter dude no harm meant :p

triple j

Member +
Lol the Ek3 isn't even a 1.6 let alone a DOHC its a little 1.5 SOHC unit... only thing i'm left thinking is you say they are all the same to you but then you are adament that you raced EK9's... Maybe its the lawyer in me coming out but those 2 statements dont really add up.

just banter dude no harm meant :p
rite so, sorry about not knowing my honda codes mate i tryed, best i can give u is 1.6 DOHC type r civic. maybe u should quit being a lawyer because if u where any good u might no am not bullshitin, why would i wast my time to bullshit about this.