what is this smoke

srankin90

Member +
does it smoke as soon as you start it up or do you have to leave it a couple of mins. After abit of reving does the smoke go away or is it just constantly there

stuarty1

Member +
A car blows blue smoke usually when it is burning oil most of the time it is a burnt valve. Which requires pulling the head and machining it followed by reseeding the valve.

===answer== blue smoke is caused by oil burning more likely to be worn out valve stem seals than a burnt valve if valve is burnt, you will get backfiring in engine seals just allow oil to run down valve stems into combustion chamber a good mechanic will have a special tool to hold valves in posotion with out removing the heads a lot less costly than removing heads

If the turbo is intercooled it may have a blown seal allowing coolant to pass into the intake flow.

Answer

White smoke is usually an indication of a blown head gasket. Stop driving the car immediately until this is looked into. Serious engine damage will occur if th head gasket is blown.

Answer

if is not the head gasket you are in for a cracked block or cylinder head $$$$$$

Answer
A blown seal in the turbo is a possibility.

Answer
you could just be running to lean

Answer
i blew white smoke when i used racing octane gas. also when i used octane booster of fuel injector cleaners. if it is consistent, probably head gasket.

starletjosh

Member +
it doesnt smoke when i first start it. If i drive two or three miles so its up to temperature it starts to smoke. when i accelerate then let the revs fall down to like 2000rpm then touch the throttle again i get a puff and then when i rev it when its idling.

starletjosh

Member +
also i think i may have sorted the noise. But im just testing it before i definately say the noise is sorted. I changed my distributor to another one i had and the noise seams to have gone. So now its just the smoke that is my problem.

it doesnt smoke when i first start it. If i drive two or three miles so its up to temperature it starts to smoke. when i accelerate then let the revs fall down to like 2000rpm then touch the throttle again i get a puff and then when i rev it when its idling.

my turbo done this last week .smoked like hell if u lift off, let it come down the revs then give it throttle again, smoke everywhere , NONE on idle tho

i removed my turbo for inspection and found the impeller wheel was hitting the compressor housing and the seals and bearings where totally fu#ked

starletjosh

Member +
oh ok mate cheers.
Mark i bloody hope not. I got it from enzo on uksc i heard they were a good spec. Its done like 960km. :(

starletjosh

Member +
1000 kms is bit on the shit side though. Would expect abit more than that. Without taking the turbo off how would i check it. I dropped the decat off and its dry so is the intercooler pipe.

1000 kms is bit on the shit side though. Would expect abit more than that. Without taking the turbo off how would i check it. I dropped the decat off and its dry so is the intercooler pipe.

i took off my deecat to have a look and found oil on and behind the exhaust impeller wheel then checked for float on the wheel up and down and side to side :eek: and found it was minced :rockon:
removed the turbo completely to make sure it wasn't wet on the manifold side and found it bone dry :rockon: