What kind of Engine OIL + Filter do you use?

Paul_JJ

Member +
What kind of Engine OIL do you use?
What Oil FIlter do you use?

Why if it says on the driver's door USE ONLY 5W-30 - everyone has different opinion about the oil?

Thx.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
i am using miller's fully syntetic 10w 40 and just a cheap £5 oil filter from motor factors. I have a manual on the pc somewhere that has all the original service part numbers and products they used on them and it was down as 5w 30.

MentaLEP91

Member +
using different engine oil grade is down to every driver and every different engines needs.

for example, a car thats mostly driven in the city has various different needs than a car that is being driven in a track/hillclimb/drag. also a stock engine has different needs than a forged and so on.

Toyota Says 10w30, 5w30 on 4EFTE. but its down to personal and mechanical needs on what oil grade will someone use.

for reference I use 0W50 full synth ENEOS oil

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I use the stock oil filter, just as good as any outt there.

As for oil i use only Titan Race Oil (Silkolene) 5w40 for my Forged Engine as recommended by Opie.

DaveEG

Member +
With my lightly modified EP91 I use a genuine Toyota filter with the 10w 40 oil that Toyota supply.

Thats what they recommended for it so I can't complain... It's pretty cheap too.

Cost of oil and filter change is approx £20 and I have spare oil from a 5l bottle.

When I fit my TD04 however I will be using a 5w 40 Titan Race oil, again with the genuine Toyota filter.

That is 1 thing I never asked people just went in to the Toyota main dealer and said I want oil and filter & sparkplugs 4 my glanza don't not what sort of oil it was
. Engine still 100% 4 years useing it.main dealer all the way , lot of mony tho

Mike_ep91

Member +
Every time I service the car Ive used 10w40 castrol magnatec and genuine toyota oill filters.

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
Have you tried Castrol Edge 0W-30??? (I think that would be Ideal for the Winter)!
Glanza V was not designed for any 40 type oil, it was designed for 30 type such as 10W30 or 5W30 or 0W30 - depending on how cold is the winter!

Have a look at your driver's door - it says USE 10W30, every 5 000 km or 6 months!

Toyota UK never sold Sport Cars in the UK, therefore they will use a standard oil in ANY toyota CAR and that would be 10w40 as the cheapest oil!

Have you tried TRD Oil Filter???

trdoilfilter.jpg

churcherj

Member +
Have you tried Castrol Edge 0W-30??? (I think that would be Ideal for the Winter)!
Glanza V was not designed for any 40 type oil, it was designed for 30 type such as 10W30 or 5W30 or 0W30 - depending on how cold is the winter!

Have a look at your driver's door - it says USE 10W30, every 5 000 km or 6 months!

Toyota UK never sold Sport Cars in the UK, therefore they will use a standard oil in ANY toyota CAR and that would be 10w40 as the cheapest oil!

Have you tried TRD Oil Filter???

trdoilfilter.jpg

10w30 is predominantly a jap grade oil and its hard to get over here i believe,
10w 40 is fine for standard or lightly modified engines, most tend to go for a 5w 40 fully synthetic ester based oil, as recommended by oilman, such as silkolene pro s, or titan race its now called? probably one of the best oils imo

as for filters, any blueprint oem filter is fine, they all do the same job! i would never pay stupid money for a branded filter, if you buy a cheaper one just change it slightly more regulary!