what make is this

briggers

Member +
was under my car yesterday doin a bodge job on the exhause (tying shoe laces to hold one bracket on the back box untill welding today) lol and i noticed this. i thought the previouse car owner just cut the springs or brought some springs with no name on and had orrigional shocks but thats not the case. (had the car since august only just found this lol ) does anyone know what make ?

DSC00378.jpg

Trevor

Member +
Shocks

Those are KYB Climb Gear.I have driven a few Starlets with those fitted and in my opinion they give excellent handling,and are a much better ride than a lot of the top make coilovers.

briggers

Member +
they are actually a company called gear climb lol.. apprently there quiet decent i think there made by kyb

thats what montana jr said last night when i saw him. was just wondering have never heard of gear climb just thought they were a model lol

cheers

Trevor

Member +
Kyb

The company that make them is called KYB. The shock model is Climbgear.KYB make shocks for a lot of car manufacturers.
thats what montana jr said last night when i saw him. was just wondering have never heard of gear climb just thought they were a model lol

cheers

briggers

Member +
Those are KYB Climb Gear.I have driven a few Starlets with those fitted and in my opinion they give excellent handling,and are a much better ride than a lot of the top make coilovers.

hooooray for me lol

only problem is its pretty low and fuckin stiff which gives it a nice ride on new roads and horrible and rattly (boot) when your on your average back road. but i am confident on all corners as it just doesnt roll and the lsd and front and rear strut braces do it a treat 2. plus when i bought the car it had advan semi slics on it. which felt like i was riding in hot bubble gum lol allways had grip unless in the rain when i had a few near miss

Trevor

Member +
Harsh

You could always change the springs for a softer spring this will make it less harsh on bumpy roads.