What managment options for EP92?

Starbus

Member +
Been looking at the Apexi power FC, but they are a lot more money for the Ep91, you need an extra harness, and there not cheap anyway.

What else is out there?

Last edited:

Starbus

Member +
ep91 i think you mean dearest!!

well are you wanting standalone or piggyback? theres numerous options mate!!

Edited that typo, haha.

Ideally a standalone to be honest.

But if the piggy backs are better then i'd run 1 of those.

I run a standalone on my evo, but a piggyback on my civic turbo, nothing in them really, but the problem is there's a blitz on the car at the min, so i'd have to find a standard ECU etc.

azerty

Supermoderator
also, just for your info, emanage ultimate does much more than Power FC, even if EMU is "only" a piggy back...
(I have used both)
There are other standalone, but will be even more expensive than Power FC. Australian use with great success "Microtech" or even better "Link" ecu
you could have a look at Autronic in UK. or if you plan to do the most expensive setup, have a look at Motec :p lol

starlet666

Member +
autronic are bomb the world wide dealer is an aussie company just round the corner from me lol in a tiny little workshop cheack the website and find ur nearest dealer they are a wonderfull computer... self tuning aswell if u get the wideband for them

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Did you mention you already have a Blitz ECU? If so use the emanage to piggy back of the blitz then you can fine tune the parameters which you can't do with the access as they are closed units. If you have a stock ECU then the emanage blue or ultimate will be fine pending on what you want from the car.

What is your current setup, what turbo and what power do you want to achieve, also what will the car be used for? You may not even need a standalone :)

T

Starbus

Member +
Did you mention you already have a Blitz ECU? If so use the emanage to piggy back of the blitz then you can fine tune the parameters which you can't do with the access as they are closed units. If you have a stock ECU then the emanage blue or ultimate will be fine pending on what you want from the car.

What is your current setup, what turbo and what power do you want to achieve, also what will the car be used for? You may not even need a standalone :)

T

Yes already have the Blitz on there, so i'm going to have to buy a Emanage and a standard ECU. Budget depends on spec to be honest. I want to pay as little as possible for the thing i need. But if there's a better option i won't skimp.

With the Emanage Ultimate.
Obviously i can change all the fueling and ignition.
Does it have, closed loop lambda control? Can i turn this off?
Does it allow a wideband lambda to be connected and datalog?
Can you control boost?
Can you run negative timing/anti lag?
Does it datalog?

Can i download the software before i buy it to see what its like?

It sounds like a good option, although i'd have to buy another ECU. Is there a link to where i can buy it?

The car is currently running basic mod's

Hybrid CT9, blitz FMI kit. HKS actuator, Blitz ECU. Full exhaust etc.

However, i'm looking to run a new turbo, possibly an EXT gate GT25/28 or similar.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Yes already have the Blitz on there, so i'm going to have to buy a Emanage and a standard ECU.

Your planning on running the Emanage along side a standalone...?

that makes no sense... If you have a standalone that will be all you need..

Starbus

Member +
Your planning on running the Emanage along side a standalone...?

that makes no sense... If you have a standalone that will be all you need..

Do you want to borrow my nan's glasses ;)

Emanage with a STANDARD ECU.

As at the moment i have a blitz. So i'd have to buy a standard ECU and the Emanage.

Starbus

Member +
Whats wrong with keeping the Blitz ecu?

Don't get me wrong the fueling and timing control at the moment is great on the Blitz unit. However, it's the only car i drive that doesn't have mappable management on it, and i'm a little picky now.
It doesn't run lean enough for me on cruise mode is the main reason.

And i want to add a turbo what will probably require a new ECU due to it will flow a lot more at the same levels of boost.

The blitz ECU will be for sale shortly. I would be looking at a standard part X, plus cash my way obviously :)