what mods make the biggest difference?

_shaun_

Member +
just wondering how the insurance is priced for mods for example me striping the rear and adding bigger brakes didnt make a diffrence but a boost controler does. is there like a set rule on certain things would be nice to have a list of things that effect price and things that dont

cheers shaun

dac69er

Super Moderator
all companies are different. i found that things that increase the safety of the car make no difference. yet things that make it go faster do?

uprated brakes, extra braces etc made no difference on mine. but everything else does.

lleey2k4

Member +
With Adrian Flux my insurance is cheaper on a 300+ bhp starlet all mods declared and horsepower, than my 1.6 mitsubishi colt after adding a manifold, exhaust system, coilovers and alloys to my policy it dropped by £300 for the year.

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine only went up about £100 when i told them i had swapped the engine in my ep85 to a turbo one ;)

_shaun_

Member +
yea i understand the make it faster pay more rule but makes me wonder what else effects it for example aftermarket bumpers or carbon bonnets. would be nice to have a rough guide to it for sky

Paul_JJ

Member +
Depends om the insurer. Some may not charge over j100 with 50 mods, some may charge j80 just for the uprated brakes...