What mods you need to hit 1 BAR of boost

nicholai

Member +
Hello Guys,

Been a little while since i have made a post. As you know i have been looking for a starlet and been think weather to get a modified one or get a standard and modify myself, only problem is how much it will cost and what i would need to hit 1 bar. I have seen a lot of people have pushed there starlet with standard kit to hit a bar. When i mean standard i mean standard engine and turbo only the thing i am worried about is i dont want to hit 1 bar and then something blows i would still want the engine to be healthy and not strain so parts break or worst case the engine blows.

Could you guys be so kind to tell me:

What parts are need to make the starlet hit 1bar with standard turbo

How much BHP you get out of 1 bar

Last thing to the people that have put 1 bar with standard kit how has the car been did anything give out from doing this or was everything ok.

Thanks guys i am very grateful and sorry if you think it is a stupid question just want to know everything for when the time comes.

Nick

mudi

Member +
Hi Bud,

Heres what youll need ;

-Decat
-Front Mount Intercooler
-Exhaust
-Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Piggyback Ecu
-Uprated Fuel Pump
-New Spark Plugs & Leads
-HKS actuator
-Boost Controller

This will get you to 1Bar as you wished and anywhere around 180-205HP with a good Tune on your stock CT9 turbo.

Cheers.

Mudi

H_D

Member +
I would not run 1 bar without changing the exhaust maifold or porting the stock one,
You can also adjust boost with the HKS actuator without the need of a boost controller and i would also port the wastgate hole on the turbo.
You also dont need a piggyback ecu just buy a plug and play one and you dont need FPR either if you use a plug n play ECU.
FPR would be used if you go down the FCD route.

There are many different metods/recipies to run 1 bar it just depends on how deep your pockets are.

Last edited: