What Motherboard do i have?

lingl9z

Member +
So I built a pc a while ago and totally forgot what motherboard i put in, I need to change the Ram as mines faulty but wanted to know if the additional slots are DDR3.

I basically need to know what mboard i have without taking it all apart again as im too lazy!
Cheers All!

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
usually at POST when the bios screen pops up it will tell you the make and model of motherboard. Google it and get the manual and it will reveal all :)
Thats assuming it is even getting to the bios screen.

lingl9z

Member +
usually at POST when the bios screen pops up it will tell you the make and model of motherboard. Google it and get the manual and it will reveal all :)
Thats assuming it is even getting to the bios screen.

Yeah it loads up fine but's always giving error's in certain things

^^or you could open up the PC and it will say somewhere on the board (may been in really small text though)

Cheers matey, will have a look if i can check the bios next time i restart =D

quadcorecraig

Member +
CPu-Z for mobo/cpu/ clock speeds info

GPU-Z for graphics/ clock speed card info

Everest Ultimate for everything info (diver downloads/codes temp)

just Pm me if you want want of the above :D

gv1.3

Admin
whats wrong with just reading the motherboard version from the bios splash screen no software required. Or is it not showing there?

EvilKnievel

Member +
Doesnt matter what motherboard. You only get 3 diff types of ram. SD ram, DDR, DDR2. So you gotta take out the ram and check if you have two slots, if yes you have SD ram, if only one you or DDR2, only diff is the speed. On top of the memory itself will stand what it is. If you don't understand the nums then pm them to me and I will translate. If it's SD ram you kinda screwed.

ChrisGT

Member +
Doesnt matter what motherboard. You only get 3 diff types of ram. SD ram, DDR, DDR2. So you gotta take out the ram and check if you have two slots, if yes you have SD ram, if only one you or DDR2, only diff is the speed. On top of the memory itself will stand what it is. If you don't understand the nums then pm them to me and I will translate. If it's SD ram you kinda screwed.

DDR3 as well!

lingl9z

Member +
I know I've DDR2 Ram, wanted to know if mb was compatiable with DDR3 ram but sadly it's not, also want to know what speed DDR2 I can run or weather itmatters?

quadcorecraig

Member +
just run DDR2 and clock it

i have 8GB on DDR2 fair enuff its not picked up by my OS but game play is mint

i have a DDR3 mobo and i havent tried any because i am happy with DDR2