What power is the stock fuel pump ok at?

karls_car

Member +
what sort off power is the stock fuel pump ok for? with FPR

cheers karl

Last edited by a moderator:

karls_car

Member +
so will be safe for time being run in about 200bhp, on stock one

supose parts like this are made with quite big safety margins.

i know some fule parts on cars, have up tp a 35 to 40% saftey margin added on to there spec

cheers mate

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
If your planning to upgrade the turbocharger from a CT9 then we would recommend you upgrade the fuel pump, better to be safe than sorry with something like this and for the price you cant really argue.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ TD

durmz

Member +
like u said thought mate, its a safety margin, if there wernt a need for that margin, there wouldnt be one. for the price, cant really argue with an upgraded pump like nick said, standard ones have been known to go, which is not something u want to happen when a bar of boost is heading through!

Toyota T23

Member +
what sort off power is the stock fuel pump ok for? with FPR

cheers karl

I have a starlet EP91 with 4efe 75hp engine.
Running a 5efthe and 252hp, still stock fuel pump, and AFR 11,8-1 with 365ml injectors.
Think it got same fuel pump as glanza.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
these things are 12 years old or MORE! a fuelpump can get tired after these years... so might aswell go for a new uprated one :)

i agree with gtti---as we have discussed this topic already
might be worth doing a search

and just to add....yeah,,,the oem pumps are getting on in age...BUT i'm sure we have seen quite a few new pumps fail also

the stock pump will do the job in a few cases---just depends on how far u plan to go as toyota t23 and many others have proven

but the choice is entirely up to u

Monkfish

Member +
A stock one is more than capable of supplying enough fuel for even hybrid applications, but it is best to upgrade if you're planning on going for power gains, just to be sure.

:)

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Well I beg to differ with some people saying the standard one can handle the ct9.....Mine was going after 4 months of upping the fuel pressure....now Ive got one of nicks.....and its queter than the walboro ones :)

Monkfish

Member +
Well I beg to differ with some people saying the standard one can handle the ct9.....Mine was going after 4 months of upping the fuel pressure....now Ive got one of nicks.....and its queter than the walboro ones :)

The standard one can handle the CT9, but as Sheldon said, the pumps are getting old and on high mileage cars, probably quite tired. This is why it is advised to change the pump. It's not a requirement, more a precaution.

:)

CMR

Member +
Its something people replace un-needed imo, yes they are getting old but you might as well use it till it dies.
I'm all for swapping the standard for an uprated when it does go, but wasting money when yours which is working fine could last for another 10k miles is a waste!

Monkfish

Member +
Its something people replace un-needed imo, yes they are getting old but you might as well use it till it dies.
I'm all for swapping the standard for an uprated when it does go, but wasting money when yours which is working fine could last for another 10k miles is a waste!
So, for the cost of a fuel pump, you're telling people to keep using the stock one until it dies, risking engine failure due to underfueling?

Nice. :rolleyes:

CMR

Member +
Maybe you took the 'till it dies' too literally, the stock pump starts whining when its on its way out i.e needs changing.

You could say the 'till it dies' about lots of engine components risking engine failure. Why not replace the oil or water pumps when you start modding etc, why not replace the oil feed with a braided line incase of snapping and draining oil etc...

All I was meaning is people replace perfectly decent pumps!

GTti

Member +

If you tune the car properly you'll probably find you never need to change the fuel pressure so it should have little effect on the pump other than at increased boost.

AFR gauge is always recommended before any modifications.

Monkfish

Member +
Maybe you took the 'till it dies' too literally, the stock pump starts whining when its on its way out i.e needs changing.

You could say the 'till it dies' about lots of engine components risking engine failure. Why not replace the oil or water pumps when you start modding etc, why not replace the oil feed with a braided line incase of snapping and draining oil etc...

All I was meaning is people replace perfectly decent pumps!

I see your points, they are very valid.

Just be careful how you word things, they can be taken too literally or the wrong way sometimes. ;)