What rad to use for TD04 Kit?

madman

Member +
franza1 bought his rad off them and is spot on and im running a identical one on mine and its perfect as ted has said

steo800

Member +
Ive currently got a Civic Esi rad.

Will this be sufficient for TD04 y0????

only get a half size rad if the td04 kit you have wont allow the standard width.

as dave said, you are reducing the cooling effect on the car.

get the alloy ones linked above if you do get one, they have higher capacity than a standard civic rad.

get a good fan aswell though that will flow a good bit of air, and if your doing track driving, get a switch put in to operate the fan manually or get one of them fanzy gizmos that will make fans come on at lower temps, i prefer the swtich myself

~edit~

and an accurate water temp gauge

Bullet00th

Member +
I ran a TD04 at .7bar on track with a Civic double core rad and it just about held up. Nick @ Tuning Developments has in stock a triple core Civic rad which offers really good cooling. Quite rare I think too. Made by Haste! So you know its good :)

Matt

GP82

Member +
You can box it in to increase airflow to it i mean like the cooling panel + panels on each side of the rad vertically to increase the amount of air hitting rad, but still a rad with bigger surface area will work better.

Rory

Lifer
The Alloy double core Civic rads are more than capable of cooling the Starlet.
Its not just about frontal area, its how well it flows ;)

Ive run the Dual core jobby on my own car for ages now, with no sign in over heating, even on track at 1.4 bar TD04.

Also if 600bhp Civics can run them, im sure the weenie 4e isnt going to cause a problem. ;)

The one Ted linked above will do the job just fine.