What RPM does TD04L have full boost?

nyahbingi

Member +
As the subjects says i would like to know what rpm the td04L has fully boost? Reason being is that i normally run the rpm to 7200 on the 1/4!

bigdoods

Member +
4000-5000 depends really on the turbo condition etc.have a look at peoples dyno sheets on here of people running td04l turbos.is it the td04l-13g your talking about ya?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye around 4k, if ur on the motorway though in 5th it seems to lower to 3500rpm.

And on the 1/4 i dunno if its true for all of them but mine doesn't drop one bit on boost to the limiter.

Rory

Lifer
1bar by around 3250 rpm (Base presure)

09082008420.jpg

nyahbingi

Member +
mine doesnt drop boost either! but i find when i shift at 7000 i get more out of the 1/4 than letting it reach the limiter!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Yea I shift at 7k too, you may still be on boost but ur just not a such a great spot with the efficient range of stock cams. I think :p

ChrisGT

Member +
Yes the car was running 1.1 bar, but the base spring in the wastegate was 1bar, hence i quoted that figure. (Where the boost ramps up)

Ah ok, my bad! So it was set to be 1Bar but was unstable, creeping up to 1.1? Still, reaching full boost @ 3.2K on a TD04 seems pretty dang good! Not too far off some hybrids I'd imagine! lol

Rory

Lifer
There is a Turbosmart boost T in the setup, running as low as it could without being closed.
This helped with spool times for some reason.

Im now running 1.4 bar, and the ramp rate in boost hasnt changed. :rockon:

Ah ok, my bad! So it was set to be 1Bar but was unstable, creeping up to 1.1? Still, reaching full boost @ 3.2K on a TD04 seems pretty dang good! Not too far off some hybrids I'd imagine! lol

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Thats very impressive, I've my boost controller set to start leaking boost to the turbo at .5 bar I had it at .8 but found it very aggresive and anything above cause a spike.

Must play around with it some more to see what I can get out of it.

Yours is definatly a very very nice spool up time.

azerty

Supermoderator
very quick spool rory :)

usualy TD04l 13G is 1 bar at 3800 RPM.
but as you can see, it all depends on turbo health and how you control the boost

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Its a brand new turbo in mine, so will just have to fiddle about the the ext wastegate and EBC.

Gee

Member +
In my experience guys..the full boost (1 bar it seems we are talking here for arguments sake) appears to be sooner than it really is when on the RR.

When on the road, I'd say expect another 300-400rpm on top.

I might be wrong :p